Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:25:47 PM EDT
I applied for the Sheriff's Deputy cadet uncertified job last week and got a letter saying when to take my physical and written exam.

I looked at the req for the physical and its cake,

my question is what is on the written exam?

after I pass the 2 tests i have to be examed by the board, what does that mean?

I guess i will have to take a poly graph what questions will they ask?

If I do pass everything will I beable to carry a sidearm? im 19 btw will trn 20 in NOV.

also im currently taking classes at the university any idea what the academy schedule will be like? or does it vary state to state

thanks guys

eta:is there a vision test?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Uncertified usually means unarmed.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
ah I see so i gota wait 1 year and a few months
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
here in South Dakota we have "reserves" they are volunteer but have power of arrest without going to certification. instead they are certified by the county on their own expense on OC, Baton, Pistol, and whatever else they carry.

If your going to the academy ours is 12 weeks im sure it vary's state to state.

if you take a poly...TELL THE TRUTH! Most agencies dont give a damn if you smoke pit in the past, as long as your truthful and thats what they want.

exam by the board might be a video test on how you would react to certin situations "if you where a LEO" basically they test positioning and personal comunication skills.

about your gun.......EVERYONE wants a gun...our state you must be 21 (thats the min age for a LEO)

this should give you an UP on the class... if this is what will happen!

let us know, and good luck!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:17:21 AM EDT
[#4]
i have never smoked pot before but i did drink at parties before but have not had alchole for like 8 months
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
They will probably start you out as a jailer.   Just do a good job of doing the job.   Be professional and learn.   You will be under a microscope.  They just don't give a gun and a badge to anyone.  Keep a good attitude.   Good luck.

Polygraph just cks to see if you lied on your application or any of the questions. Background info.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
my question is what is on the written exam?

Lots and lots of questions to measure if you are qualified for the position.

Return IM enroute.

NorCal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top