Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 1:30:06 PM EDT
Applied for an agency last year and got through everything, including getting LASIK to meet the vision requirements, and got shit canned after the review board because of a BS reason.  Because my background guy stood up for me and told the officers on the review board they were dumbasses I decided to apply again.  Have to go through everything again though.  Already made it passed civil service, physical agility, background, and today poly.  

I've been in that damn poly chair more than frigging convicted felons I bet.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Applied for an agency last year and got through everything, including getting LASIK to meet the vision requirements, and got shit canned after the review board because of a BS reason.  Because my background guy stood up for me and told the officers on the review board they were dumbasses I decided to apply again.  Have to go through everything again though.  Already made it passed civil service, physical agility, background, and today poly.  

What was the "BS" reason?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are you applying at if you dont mind me asking?

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a written counseling form from a supervisor that got promoted because of skin tone.  He wanted me to try and get charges through the DA's office for agg assault on a juvenile.  The two juveniles were friends playing basketball and they both got mad and began shoving each other back and forth.  One of them finally hit the ground and broke a bone.  Neither parties wanted charges pursued.  No complainant then no charges filed.  I did CYA report and left it at that.  The idiot Sgt wanted me to get charges and I didn't do it.  Based on that some members of the review board felt I had a problem with supervisors.  This happened back in 1999 when I was a rookie deputy.  My dept has a policy that they will not allow my supervisors who know me best to talk with the background investigator.  Only the chief can talk to him and since I've seen him less than 10 times in 7.5 years he doesn't know how I am.  Shame too because my supervisors love me.  

Not too sound too defensive but this(former) supervisor told me I couldn't instanter anyone for Fail to Maintain Financial Responsibilty after he read my arrest report and attached was a receipt from the court saying certification of charges filed.  He told me if I showed it to him in the TX TRC then he'd believe me.  I showed it to him then he went to another sgt, then a lt, and then a captain who all told him I was right.  

Oh and another time I had a juvenile runaway run from me into a house.  Her two large male friends blocked the door and told me point blank she wasn't going to jail.    I knew my back up was a long way off so I thought two things.  One I can try and be billy bad ass and fight em both but then I'd probably get my ass kicked and have to shoot them to get them off me or remain calm and try and talk them down.  I stuck with plain B and calmed them down and even got them to bring her out to me.  Anyways that same idiot sgt told me I let them punk me out and I should have fought them both by myself.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a written counseling form from a supervisor that got promoted because of skin tone.  He wanted me to try and get charges through the DA's office for agg assault on a juvenile.  The two juveniles were friends playing basketball and they both got mad and began shoving each other back and forth.  One of them finally hit the ground and broke a bone.  Neither parties wanted charges pursued.  No complainant then no charges filed.  I did CYA report and left it at that.  The idiot Sgt wanted me to get charges and I didn't do it.  Based on that some members of the review board felt I had a problem with supervisors.  This happened back in 1999 when I was a rookie deputy.  My dept has a policy that they will not allow my supervisors who know me best to talk with the background investigator.  Only the chief can talk to him and since I've seen him less than 10 times in 7.5 years he doesn't know how I am.  Shame too because my supervisors love me.  

And here I thought it was going to be the stalking charges SP1 brought on you.

Good luck with the job.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And here I thought it was going to be the stalking charges SP1 brought on you.

Good luck with the job.

She loves me she'd never pursue charges.  Plus I don't think drooling over a girl on the net is stalking
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
We dumped the poly and have been using the CVSA for years now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
whats CVSA?

Computerized Voice Stress Analysis

campus.umr.edu/police/cvsa/cvsamenu.htm
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I've heard the poly is used in exchange for a background b/c some agencies just have weak background checks.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've heard the poly is used in exchange for a background b/c some agencies just have weak background checks.

...never heard of a dept not having a background check and no polygraph.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:21:27 AM EDT
[#11]
good luck!  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
good luck!  

Yeah...we be neighbors if I get it!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...never heard of a dept not having a background check and no polygraph.  

We use neither, solid "up your ass" background check though.........
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#14]
No poly where I work at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top