Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 6:47:41 PM EDT
Okay, you guys are the experts here. I have a dilema. A certain person I know is a RN, he/she is treating a person for staph infections/ sores. They are tatted up, sunken eyes, yadda,yadda,yadda. They show many signs of meth abuse or manufacture. Now the child has the sores. Can a child get the sores from being around the manufacture?

With Hippa laws, he/she cannot just come out and ask, do a drug screen/etc.  So, how does one proceed. Tell, the doctor, they are so busy they do not give a shitt, and probably scared of the people they might be turning in, I know they are scared of the patient. What to do???????
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Call the DHS and let them know that the child is quite possibly being neglected. That the child shows signs of chemical burns/chemical exposure. DHS would then investigate. I think it is DHS in TN. Its DHR here in Alabama.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel as though now that the child has them(sores), either it is a nasty ass house or the child is being exposed. Either way the poor child has no choice in the matter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I feel as though now that the child has them(sores), either it is a nasty ass house or the child is being exposed. Either way the poor child has no choice in the matter.

Thats why you should call DHS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
In most states RN's/Doc's/Teachers/etc. are bound by law to report and suspected abuse/neglect.  Your friend could get himself in trouble should he not report it.

Reports can be annoymous

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top