Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 12:59:56 PM EDT
What is the most dangerous firearm you have talken off someone either in a raid, car search, on the person themselves?????
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is the most dangerous firearm you have talken off someone either in a raid, car search, on the person themselves?????

All of em.

The most "Pimptastic" was a sawed-off side by side with a pistol grip and 5" barrel.  That one was under the seat with a bunch of juvies.

NorCal
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Guns aren't dangerous. People are. I've taken many dangerous people with guns off the streets.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I mean a far as something like a AK or Tec9.  Something like that.  I know it's not the guns it's the people but guns are not created equal.  Some are more dangerous then others and thats what i'm asking.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I mean a far as something like a AK or Tec9.  Something like that.  I know it's not the guns it's the people but guns are not created equal.  Some are more dangerous then others and thats what i'm asking.

How are ceratin guns more dangerous than others? ALL of them are Tools, when misused are dangerous.......

This thread is teh Gehy
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Toss up.............mossberg pump with pistol grip

or.......................calico in 22 lr with a fully loaded hondred round drum!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How are ceratin guns more dangerous than others? ALL of them are Tools, when misused are dangerous.......

This thread is teh Gehy

You are telling me that all guns are equally as dangerous.  If they were the "Bullet Proof Vest" you might wear will stop anything.  Right?  I know no cop wants to look down teh barrel of a gun or find one they may have fallen to.   I shot a 30-06 with a cop frind of mine that went through 3/8 inch steel like it was butter at 60 yeards.  He even said if anyone pulls out a rifle(after seeing that) he will not stand his ground like he would against a handgun.  Not that he wouldn't stand up to the guy and do his duty,but he will think twice because everyshot could be deadly opposed to a handgun where the vest will stop it.  I know your point and kinda agree.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
First of all don't be so retarded to "stand your ground" when you see a rifle. Find cover. Return fire from cover. Get a bigger gun. In that order.

As fr as taken off the street I was at a gun show and bought a pre-ban underfolder AK for $500 from a private table that 6 illegals were wanting to buy if they could have gotten him to lower the price.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#9]
A gun is just a tool, but I think everyone here will agree that a Glock 21 poses more of a threat than a .22 short single action revolver, IF the (in)competence of the us is equal.

You could also look at this question from another angle: what's the most dangerous gun you've taken off the streets in terms of what condition it was in? Like a Lorcin with a crack down the slide, a Tec-9 with the barrel cut down at home with a band saw, etc.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You are telling me that all guns are equally as dangerous.  If they were the "Bullet Proof Vest" you might wear will stop anything.  Right?

Since many officers are killed with their own pistols, they usually base their choice of ballistic vest protection on the sidearm they carry. If weight & bulk were no concern, most LEO's I know would wear SAPI ("combat armor") or equivalent.

I know no cop wants to look down teh barrel of a gun or find one they may have fallen to.   I shot a 30-06 with a cop frind of mine that went through 3/8 inch steel like it was butter at 60 yeards. He even said if anyone pulls out a rifle(after seeing that) he will not stand his ground like he would against a handgun.  Not that he wouldn't stand up to the guy and do his duty,but he will think twice because everyshot could be deadly opposed to a handgun where the vest will stop it.

While I commend your friend for being aware of tactical considerations, I question his absolute faith in the body armor available today. In addition, many officers have been killed when shots have missed the protection area of their BV's.

Most rifle ammuntion will penetrate BV's - not just Armor Piercing or other "specialty" rounds. That's why when the dems talked about banning all "cop killer bullets" that could penetrate BV's, many folks were concerned that the ban could include such things as .30-.30 soft point hunting ammo.

Of course, our "friends' in congress would never stoop that low, right?

I know your point and kinda agree.

The allow me to advise you:

[public enemy]Don't believe the hype! [/public enemy]

The idea that "Gun X" is more "dangerous" than "Gun Y" is an example of the divide - and - conquer public relations tactics used by the antis against EBR's and handguns... the so called "non hunting firearms".

Don't allow yourself to be an unwitting accomplice.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Hum....My incident involved a homicidal/suicidal fool.  He was the problem and not his guns.  I had to take his guns because of the plans he had for them.  In any case I did not want to be on the wrong end of any of the eleven I took from him.   The two that really caught my attention were a really nice M1A, and a Colt AR-15.  Then again the scoped 10/22 did not look like any fun to go up against with only my S&W 4506 since this guy seemed to know something about firearms.  He also had seven 30 round magazines of .223 and one 10 round magazine of .308 ready to rock.  Long story short, got him just outside his front door with a taser.    

One motivated person with even a "small caliber" weapon can kill you just as dead as an idiot with a large caliber weapon.  I never like to "take" people's guns and try to avoid it, but sometimes guns and fools/criminals just do not mix.  

Makes me sick to see think all these rifles are going to be destroyed.  

On a side note, we do not have long guns in our squad cars so the 4506 is my do everything weapon.        

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I can't say anything a "most dangerous gun" I've "taken off the street," but I did get the strange opportunity to confiscate one of my former guns from a convicted felon who was cruising the Florida projects looking to kill a guy in a revenge shooting.
Cobray M-11, and a total POS, if anyone's curious.
I was backing another unit up, and looked at the thing sitting on the roof of their cruiser, and said to myself "Dang; that scratch there sure looks familiar.........." before inspecting the serial and finding it was in fact the same gun I traded for a NIB S&W M-10 and $75 at a show.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

What the hell are you smoking?  Go back to AssaultWeb.  Some guns are more dangerous than others.  Jesus.  Yeah...you know what, I once confiscated a GAU-8/A from a low-flying A-10.  Now THAT'S a dangerous gun.

Quoted:

You are telling me that all guns are equally as dangerous. If they were the "Bullet Proof Vest" you might wear will stop anything. Right? I know no cop wants to look down teh barrel of a gun or find one they may have fallen to. I shot a 30-06 with a cop frind of mine that went through 3/8 inch steel like it was butter at 60 yeards. He even said if anyone pulls out a rifle(after seeing that) he will not stand his ground like he would against a handgun. Not that he wouldn't stand up to the guy and do his duty,but he will think twice because everyshot could be deadly opposed to a handgun where the vest will stop it. I know your point and kinda agree.

First off, your "buddy cop" is a fucking moron.  No one "stands their ground against a handgun".  That is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard.  Guess what...I got shot and my vest didn't do jack shit, because the rounds (from a handgun) struck me in the arm.  It missed my brachial artery by less than a 1/4 of an inch.

Stop posting in BIG LETTERS.  It's annoying and makes you sound 12 years old.  No one here needs big letters to understand that you have absolutely zero clue as to what you are talking about.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't mean to start a big debate on the subject.  You don't have to tell me anything about guns that i don't know (safety wise)  I have been around them all my life.  It's not like  i joined this site before i ever shot a gun.  Sorry if a few misunderstood my post i was curious of what types of guns you have come across in the line of duty that stood out to you over the others.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Not to mention that taking a bullet in a vest hurts like a sumbitch and can still knock you out of the action.  I've seen a few cops take bullets in the vest and everyone of em went down.  Of course being alive and down is better than dead and down but still.  Standing your ground against any gun is idiotic and you deserve the bullets your going to catch.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Guns aren't dangerous on their own.

Why are we yelling?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I didn't mean to start a big debate on the subject.  You don't have to tell me anything about guns that i don't know (safety wise)  I have been around them all my life.  It's not like  i joined this site before i ever shot a gun.  Sorry if a few misunderstood my post i was curious of what types of guns you have come across in the line of duty that stood out to you over the others.

Well, apperantly you haven't learned much.

It's not the weapon that's dangerous, it's the shooter.

Tec9s are pieces of junk and further, they shoot 9mm.  I personally don't know any officers who work the street who don't wear LvlIIIA vests with rifle plates.  

I'd be more concerned with a dedicated marksman plinking away at me with a .30-30 lever-gun than some yahoo shitbag with an AK.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Standing your ground against any gun is idiotic and you deserve the bullets your going to catch.

]I didn't mean it like that.  No person in their right mind would stand in the open with a person pointing a gun at them.  You guys have taken what i have said a turned it around.  Like i said in the last post i didn't mean it like this.  If i knew i would be defending my question i would've never asked it.  For t the few of you who did, thanks for answering the question i asked.

You guys are ripping me a new one why don't you go down to this post  http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=76&t=379790 and get on them for losing their guns on duty.  They ddin't only put the public in danger but also their own person.  Make yourselves useful and go their and get on them to keep and eye on the gun and remember where it is at all times
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Guns aren't dangerous on their own.

Why are we yelling?

Because we're all 12 and mom is ignoring us!

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You guys are ripping me a new one why don't you go down to this post  http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=76&t=379790 and get on them for losing their guns on duty.  They ddin't only put the public in danger but also their own person.  Make yourselves useful and go their and get on them to keep and eye on the gun and remember where it is at all times

Hey...why don't you stop asking stupid questions.

I make myself useful by keeping the boogeyman out of your closet, kid.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

No you don't.  I don't have a closet, guy.  Go fuck some more sheep jerk off.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#23]
3rdStreet.

you need some practice at this whole trolling thing.  You're not very good at it.  

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/RKBAjmc23/180px-Eric_estrada_you5Cre_a_homo.jpg
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Mature.  How'd you know purple was my favorite color?

You don't have a closet?  What...you keep your clothes in a shopping cart?

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Mature.  How'd you know purple was my favorite color?

You don't have a closet?  What...you keep your clothes in a shopping cart?

Sheep

Some of my clothes are in your wifes closet.  The rest i keep in milk crates next my bed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#26]
need I say why?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top