Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 9:16:20 AM EDT
Hi guys picked up a 6450 brand new from S.A.W.  and was wondering if anybody else uses one for duty. How has the reliability been for you guys? Thanks JC
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a LEO, but the 9mm bolt catches are prone to breaking from the threads I read on ARFCOM.  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=263131

Ordered a heavy buffer from Slash, also have a 6450 on order, got a buddy who has a Sporter Lightweight in 9mm, loaned him the buffer to test drive it since I dont have my 6450 yet, he pulled out 2 broken bolt catches he saved after they busted.  I'm convinced bolt catches are a problem.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder why the bolt catches are breaking? Maybe and bad batch of catches. I hope mine dont break.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Think it was due to speed of the light standard 6450 buffer and the shortness of the same buffer resulting in overtravel

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=219944
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=240629
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top