Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 4:13:02 PM EDT
Sorry no pics and it's not in the papers yet.

A local Cop was working an off duty job at a bank today when he noticed a van pulling in to the parking lot. He recognized that the van had been reported stolen earlier in the morning. NE Ohio banks have been getting hit by a two man team that uses recently stolen vehicles for the job then dumps them after the getaway.
The Cop was suspicious and decided to go outside and check it out. As he approached the van, the driver was getting out and putting on a ski mask, then pulled a gun. The Cop suprised him and shot him once in the balls with a .40 Golden Sabre (ouch!) and once in the hand. The passenger took off and  jacked a car waiting at the light.

Sounds like the Cop had the right combination of smart, good and lucky.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn - almost a head-shot .

ETA:  Oops - busted into your forum again.  Sorry, but it's still a great post Sukebe.

Oops twice.  Reading your 2nd post there's no critisism at all, just my "almost invidsible" sense of humor.  I was refering to that small head adjacent to the target area .
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Seriou double tap
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't get all the details of the shooting but from what I was told, it was two shots and two hits. Not CNS but not bad shooting under extreme stress. I certainly wouldn't criticize
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I didn't get all the details of the shooting but from what I was told, it was two shots and two hits. Not CNS but not bad shooting under extreme stress. I certainly wouldn't criticize

Criticize? Hell, buy that officer a drink (or two)... he may have just helped to keep that scumbag from procreating.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#7]
"Med 44 10 minutes out with an approx 30 year old male GSW times two. Patient is currently screaming in a voice that only dogs can hear..."
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"Med 44 10 minutes out with an approx 30 year old male GSW times two. Patient is currently screaming in a voice that only dogs can hear..."

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#9]
That one isn't breeding anymore.
I doubt that golden saber left much for the docs to try and salvage.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Talk about cleansing the ol' gene pool!

couldn't find a getting shot in the nuts icon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Poetic justice!

During a police qual many years ago (on B-27), I did that shot . . . all of us cracked up and admitted that the guy was probably not much of a threat after that. Brought back memories of Johnnie Carson show with the tomahawk!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Officer who stopped robbery had recently returned to duty

Wednesday, August 3, 2005
By Lori Monsewicz
Repository staff writer

CANTON — The policeman who shot a suspect during a foiled bank robbery try Monday is the same officer fired last year amid claims he lied about a bar fight.

Officer Greg Gilmore had been back on the job only about two months when investigators say he confronted two men planning to rob the National City Bank branch at 3409 Cleveland Ave. NW.

The suspect Gilmore shot — Daniel J. Ivery, 26, of Akron — remained hospitalized with injuries that police said were not life-threatening. Ivery is at Aultman Hospital. His condition was not available Tuesday afternoon.

A second suspect got away by hijacking a car and is being sought, said Chief Dean McKimm.

Gilmore, a five-year veteran, was off-duty, working as bank security when police said two men wearing masks started coming toward the bank.

“He had the presence of mind to be monitoring the radio traffic, and he heard a call go out in reference to a stolen van,” McKimm said.

“He spotted the van coming up Cleveland Avenue while he was in the bank, and he noticed it turned off into the bank parking lot. That’s when he went out back to investigate and confronted the would-be robbers coming out of the stolen vehicle.”

The minivan was stolen from a 19-year-old woman at a nearby cemetery, McKimm said.

According to police, two men with masks climbed out of the van and walked toward the bank’s rear entrance. When Gilmore confronted them, one ran. The other man refused an order to get down and began fumbling for something, at which time he was shot twice. One bullet hit him in the abdomen, police said.

McKimm said Tuesday that Gilmore fired five times. One shot knocked a gun from the suspect’s hand, police have said.

“If the other guys got a shot off, we don’t know yet,” he said.

Police continued to look Tuesday for the man who got away.

“I’m very hopeful that the investigation is going to lead to the identity of the second suspect in quick order,” McKimm said.

An aggravated robbery charge was filed Monday against Ivery, court records show.

The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Web site shows Ivery was released from the Warren Correctional Institution in November. He had been in prison since August 1996 for felonious assault and aggravated robbery in Summit County.

Gilmore won back his job late in May when an arbitrator said the city lacked proof for firing him. The city had to pay him $50,000 in back pay, plus benefits, without loss of seniority.

Gilmore has been put on paid administrative leave for three days as the investigators and detectives probe Monday’s shooting. That is city policy when deadly force is used and someone is injured, the chief said.

“We anticipate his return on Thursday,” McKimm said.

Gilmore was fired last year after an Internal Affairs investigation of a Dec. 19, 2003, fight at Bocassio’s Sports Bar, 2535 Fulton Rd. NW, involving Officer Anthony Jackson and a drunken patron.

A cruiser videotape shows Gilmore following Jackson from the bar after the fight. Investigators believed Jackson then assaulted the handcuffed man in a police cruiser.

Gilmore, who is seen following Jackson from the bar by only seconds, told investigators he never saw an assault. The city accused him of violating the department’s truthfulness rule and fired him in July 2004.

An arbitrator believed Gilmore’s explanation, that he had instead headed off to find their supervisor in hopes of preventing the assault.

www.cantonrep.com/index.php?Category=9&ID=235599&r=0
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Bet the off-duty program gets a few more clients.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#16]
i think we all owe our brother a cold one.... here here........

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#17]
We have a darwin award nominee.

He's not a winner because he's still breathing but he's nominated because he can't breed.

Good thing to.  Don't want his kind breeding/
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Now that's what I mean by "blowing his balls off!"

GR
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Gold Sabre .40cal + Crminals balls=  Non breeding criminal.  

"  I don't care what he's done baby, You just don't give a man a shot in his twig & Berries, I mean its just wrong baby".  Austin Powers.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Ol' TEXAS Head shot.   Works every time.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

"Central, you'll know we're on our final approach from the sounds of the howling from the kennel next door."
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
One bullet hit him in the abdomen, police said.

VERY low abdomen.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top