Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 8:45:45 AM EDT
I just picked it up yesterday and haven't had a chance to put a round through it yet (a real virgin).  I will have to get to the Range tomorrow to qualify with it and break it in.  There really is almost nothing better than a new .45..........

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
congrats!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Mmm...purdy.  That almost qualifies as a BBQ gun right outta the box.

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#3]
No dice on the BBQ gun since it is headed for my duty holster and I am sure it's first scratch before the week is out.  My only quandry now is whether to go with the Surefire X200 or the Streamlight M6 (I know, I know, get both).  Any ideas??

ETA:  It will be used almost exclusively for house clearing so if obe of those lights works better, I'm all ears...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#4]
My personal preference is the X200.  

The only Streamlights I've every owned are the stinger and poly stinger...which both now reside at home as back-up flashlights.

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#5]
If our SOP allowed single-action .45's I would already have one. I want one soooo bad!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No dice on the BBQ gun since it is headed for my duty holster and I am sure it's first scratch before the week is out.  My only quandry now is whether to go with the Surefire X200 or the Streamlight M6 (I know, I know, get both).  Any ideas??

ETA:  It will be used almost exclusively for house clearing so if obe of those lights works better, I'm all ears...

first of all you are one lucky SOB to be able to carry a 1911 (you have no idea how jealous I am) I have to carry a piece of "Tactical Tupperware" called a Glock.

As far as your light goes, don't F**k around get the surefie.  Heres why:
1. its made of metal
2. the lens is pyrex and easy to clean after shooting
3. the lens focuses the light onto a point
4.shoot the streamlight and the plastic lens will get clouded with burnt powder that won't come out.

I carry the X200 on my G21 and it was the smartest investment I ever made.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Nother nod to the surefire. I ran a M3 on my glock for a while. The thing got to where it would cut in and out while firing and it did not take much.

Jason
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I am extremely jealous of you. I would love to carry a weapon such as yours on duty but I have to carry the Glock.

I currently carry the M6 on my G22. I have yet to have a problem with it. I haven't experienced the dirty lens problem as previously stated but I imagine it happens. So far so good.  

I have also heard great reviews on the X200. If I could afford one I would probably buy myself one. They do seem to be very sturdy and reliable from what I have read.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I only wish I could carry that.  I carry a P220 I purchased as an alternative to the issued glock 22.   Cant stand carrying less than a 45 nor a glock.    I am jealous beyond words!   I get to carry my 1911 off duty but not on....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My opinion on a new light for the gun is the Surefire X200.  I have one now for almost a year and it is way better in quality to the Streamlight M series.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My opinion on a new light for the gun is the Surefire X200.  I have one now for almost a year and it is way better in quality to the Streamlight M series.  

Big +1

I am very happy with mine.  Mine does double duty on my rifle, too.   I would also recommend you purchase it through Brightflashlights or C4iGrant if you are getting it online.

NorCal
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Gun light big +   I thought SWAT Magazine had an article on them recently.   Must check.
I use an M-3   Good light..   However it is not shock isolated.    I've got many (thousand) rounds trough Glock 19, 17 and now G22 with it on.  I did have a malfunction with the coil spring on the battery cap breaking, hence no completed circut.    Insight technologies charged me $24.00 and some change to re- furb my light.     The darn thing broke just 3 weeks out of warranty.      And they were not very easy to get ahold of.     They did however give me a fast turnaround.    May I reccomend a holster that allows you to leave the light on the gun...    We have to put the light on and take it off.   Trust me... It sux clearing a building and then finding someone and having to remove light, holster and then cuff.    

BTW..    Nice pistol.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#13]
It sure is nice to be able to carry single action isn't it!!!have
That Kimber looks AWESOME!!!  I like those grips, what kind are they?

"Tactical Tupperware"

Never heard that one before, I like it!!!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats on the new weapon...... Is that an ivory grip or just the flash reflection?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Congrats on the new weapon...... Is that an ivory grip or just the flash reflection?

Neither, those are the Kimber 'peanut grips' that the Marine Corp asked for when they ordered it.  They are the Gunner's Grips, just in an odd color.  I didn't like them at first but they have grown on me.

The Range was closed for Patrol guys today because of some SWAT training but tomorrow I'm putting about 300 rounds through it and I can't wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top