Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2005 8:51:31 PM EDT
I'm pretty pumped. Just found out that I'll be starting the Police Academy on August 22. I took the written test in May, that same day I took the physical agility test. Since I was from out of state the Oral interview was scheduled for the same day also. The background was started the following week and lasted one month. Two weeks ago I meet with the Chief and was given a conditional offer. The next day I had a Doctor physical,a polygraph and took the pshycological{sp}Got the call today!!! I'm In!!!
This was my first time trying for a PD job, worked out great seeing I just closed on my new house in VA two days ago!!!

Another one that "Escaped From NY"
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats!  my orintation day is august 16th at 9am cst.  the actual academy starts in september  I cant wait!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]
 welcome to Va

Now you can have a 30 round AR Mag and enjoy the time here.  May I ask what agency???  If you dont want to post it on the board I understand you can IM me if you wnat.  I just started my career myself as well.

DRUFF
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Lucky you, I have been in the "process" for a  police job since December 04'. The waits between tests and interviews has been excrutiating. I am almost there though, I think they just like to see how bad you want the job and how long you hang in there. Here is what I have done so far:

Application: Dec 6 04
Written test: Jan 25 05 passed , no miltary, ranked in the top ten out of approx 800
Physical agility: May 6 05 passed
Initial interview with detective: May 19 05
Home vist by detective: May 30 05
Polygraph test: June 6 05
Oral board interview: July 26 05

As far as I know if I move on after the interview there is a Psychological test then a drug test and a doctors physical. Is it over yet? I do really want  this job and I will hang in there. I am jealous of your speedy process. SO CONGRATS on your getting the job!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!  But, I've got ya beat by 2 months!  Physical Agility and written started the process on June 25th.  Background Interview, Poly and Psych two weeks later.  Oral and Med Exam 1 week after that.  Got the call this last Thursday the 28th that I start the academy Aug. 29th!

This was my first attempt at a paying job and the only department I applied with.  A complete change of career for me and I can't wait!  House in CA is sold and the new house is being built in a free state.  Now I just need to get moving (literally).
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Congrats!  But, I've got ya beat by 2 months!  Physical Agility and written started the process on June 25th.  Background Interview, Poly and Psych two weeks later.  Oral and Med Exam 1 week after that.  Got the call this last Thursday the 28th that I start the academy Aug. 29th!

This was my first attempt at a paying job and the only department I applied with.  A complete change of career for me and I can't wait!  House in CA is sold and the new house is being built in a free state.  Now I just need to get moving (literally).

good for you!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats, lead. That's about how long I took. Test late March, started the Academy Sept. That was in 2001. Since I had just seperated from the AF in June, I'm lucky I didn't get reactivated or I would've had a much later start in my current career.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top