Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 7:55:50 PM EDT
First off
I've been an LEO for 5 years. I live in a decent area (West Bloomfield), but I am about 3 miles from Pontiac (36 sq. mi. city with a shooting a day). Most of my neighbors are older or couples with younger kids. Although there is a house where there lives about 3 little (about 16 to 18 year olds) hat to the side, pants saging, poker faced staring shit heads. But the shit heads have never messed with me before.

Down the street they are building about 50 or so $300k homes. Earlier this month the press said that someone saw 4 to 6, 15 to 17 y.o. kids fucking around in the new homes under construction at about 3am.

So today I was sitting in my living room at about 3:30pm and I hear my car alarm go off. I look out the window and the antenna (sp) on the back is wipping back and forth. I went out side. There were some younger kids playing on bikes down the street, and a few people walking around (older folks).

So Im thinking its either some young kid checking out my camaro, accidently set off the alarm by leaning on it, and run. Or someone was trying to LFA my car.

Usually the punks from pontiac don't make the walk just to break into a car so I've kind of ruled that out.

Does anyone have any original ways of detering people from comming on their property? Just Curious. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
CliffNotes

Someone may be screwing with my car, do you know of any deterents? (brutal or otherwise)
thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Dog?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If the car is not a daily driver simply coat the underside of the door handles with OC.  Eventually someone will touch it and then rub their nose/eyes.  

Chris
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If the car is not a daily driver simply coat the underside of the door handles with OC.  Eventually someone will touch it and then rub their nose/eyes.  

Chris

good idea, but it is a daily driver (I live alone). I guess this isn't just confined to the car... I am also concirned with my house as well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
You can get servalance cameras pretty cheap these days. They have some that are about the size of a quarter, and cost about $50.00 for the entire system.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
M-2 on the roof, on automatic aquisition. The bodies of squirrels in your lawn should give them the hint.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Get a Dog, you cant go  wrong with a good dog on so many accords.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Get a Dog, you cant go  wrong with a good dog on so many accords.

+1
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 on the dog,  
fresh meat to supplement his diet would save you $$ on dog food.  

(Would 220 volts be possible option?  If so make sure there is a proper grounding source)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top