Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2005 10:59:56 PM EDT
anderson co jail cam I think this is rediculas.... This opens you up to all sorts of law suits! Plus it has a live scanner on the page! Which means you could rob a bank and listen in to see where the po-dunk sheriffs were and shoot them when they come into range. I also don't like how it shows their Deputy's names listed on the site. Zabasearch anyone?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Your link has a period in it....

right before the "jailcam.php"....
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
How exactly does a camera that is monitoring a jail, being broadcast via the internet open the dept up to lawsuits?

AFAIK in Tx, the messages broadcast over the radio are public record.  Besides any Tom, Dick and Harry can get a scanner and listen in at home.  Scanners arent a new invention.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How exactly does a camera that is monitoring a jail, being broadcast via the internet open the dept up to lawsuits?

AFAIK in Tx, the messages broadcast over the radio are public record.  Besides any Tom, Dick and Harry can get a scanner and listen in at home.  Scanners arent a new invention.  

Lets say you get arrested. Bubba (daddy) Jim-Bob (uncle) and Bow (mom), are watching your intake on the camera. You get mouthy with a dep and he smacks you, now that record (which is normally private records of the sheriff's dept) is now in public hands. (even though you deserved to get smacked the public may not like the video. Not to mention you could alter the video (photoshop) or add audio.

AFAIK in Tx, the messages broadcast over the radio are public record.  Besides any Tom, Dick and Harry can get a scanner and listen in at home.  Scanners arent a new invention

NO WAY! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! Just kidding but seriously it saves the criminal about $400 on the scanner. Radio broadcasts are public anywhere in the USA per the FEDS. Thats why they're monitored. But why make it easyer for the criminals and assholes of the world?

Yea its a cool site, but I don't want my name on any police site. some people hate cops!!! plus I have been working for 5 years now and I've already delt with a case where a asshole was using a scanner to commit crimes. Why make asshole's job easier?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Lets say you get arrested. Bubba (daddy) Jim-Bob (uncle) and Bow (mom), are watching your intake on the camera. You get mouthy with a dep and he smacks you, now that record (which is normally private records of the sheriff's dept) is now in public hands. (even though you deserved to get smacked the public may not like the video.

With all due respect, what the hell are you doing smacking a prisoner in custody?  Is SOP that much different in Michigan?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top