Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 9:34:33 PM EDT
He said he wasn't sure what was worse... the pepper spray or the 5 second continous taser.  he hopes to never have to do either again.  I saw the video of his 'tasering' and man... that shit really sucks.  I commend all you officers for going through this training.  It takes a lot of cojones!

I wish you all the best and hope that you never find yourself facing the need to use these, but inevitably, it will save you for sure.  I have much respect for what you all do and am glad to have good friends on the force.

I'm a proud supporter of the PBA and the FDLE and others.  I'm hoping the stickers on my car help me out someday
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never been Tasered and don't want to.  I hate electricity (when used for devious reasons!  I like it when I turn on the light switch!)  I'd rather be sprayed 100 times.  The most you get sprayed with OC the more you become resistant to it.  Plus I just like watching dirtbags cry after they get sprayed.  It's even more fun when you have a dirtbag who keeps resisting after being cuffed.  He gets thrown in the cell without being uncuffed or is uncuffed and the water turned off.  I've heard of those things happening  I don't mind getting sprayed.  It hurts but it goes away and does no damage.  Leaves no marks too
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
It would depend on how the Taser was used if I had to chose between the two.

If it was with the air cartridge or like I had it with one probe on each hip, then I would take the OC spray.  If it was a contact Tase then I would take that.

I'm starting to lose confidence in my Taser.  The last two times I've used it it had NO effect on the individual.  The second time was one HELL of a fight too.  He laughed when I tased him then he proceeded to spit on me and my partner and we were trying to get him to roll over on his stomach.  It was a HUGE mess...

He still lost though
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It would depend on how the Taser was used if I had to chose between the two.

If it was with the air cartridge or like I had it with one probe on each hip, then I would take the OC spray.  If it was a contact Tase then I would take that.

I'm starting to lose confidence in my Taser.  The last two times I've used it it had NO effect on the individual.  The second time was one HELL of a fight too.  He laughed when I tased him then he proceeded to spit on me and my partner and we were trying to get him to roll over on his stomach.  It was a HUGE mess...

He still lost though

When I certified, I had one probe on my left shoulder, and the other on my right ankle.  Now THAT sucked the big one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Having been CS gassed in Basic Training, I would probably want the OC spray.

Although, I think Taser'ing is one of those things where it'd be fun just to try once and be able to say, "I've been tasered. "

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the same thing.  When I went through the gas chamber at MCRD I didn't think it was all that bad.  I figured OC would be similar.  

I learned the hard way that CS does not even compare to OC.  CS irritates the skin and eyes and makes it very hard to breathe without coughing.

OC burns the skin and eyes and makes it a little hard to breathe without coughing.

Imagine placing your face onto a bed of hot coals and sticking a hot poker in each eye. Over the next 20 to 30 minutes or so the pain will gradually diminish to a point where you are uncomfortable, but no longer in agony.
That is what a well placed shot of our OC is like (ours is a power fogger....like a little fire extinguisher when it comes out).  

TASER is 5 seconds of pain (like a wasp sting where the probes are in contact) and then it's over....no more pain, you just feel wierd for 30 seconds or so.  The next day your muscles are a little sore, like after a good workout when you havent been exercising regularly.

I will say that prior to my first OC exposure I had shaved.  I later found out that that made it worse.  When i was exposed again, I made sure that i did'n shave and it was quite a bit better....except for the eyes.  But at least i knew what to expect by then

Quoted:

Although, I think Taser'ing is one of those things where it'd be fun just to try once and be able to say, "I've been tasered. "

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I would take the Taser again before I do OC spray again.  OC lasts a bit too long for me...and Taser is done once its off.  Taser hurts more...but its only 5 seconds.

BTW:  I was clipped from one ankle to an opposing arm.  That equaled 3 of the 4quadrants getting jacked.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

OC is FAR worse than CS.  CS  is a joke compared to OC.  I don't mind CS at all.  If you haven't been sprayed with OC then get a can and have somone spray you.  You'll see what we mean!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Hated the OC and hated the Taser even more. Glad they are done and never want either again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top