Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2005 2:34:34 PM EDT
Lets see if I got this right:

1.  AWB in California, only if LEO.....(Current)
2.  Assembly bill to halt police pursuits.......(tried twice, both failed, but still trying )
3.  9th Circuit court says batons and pepper spray are like deadly force, may be banned......(9th is overturned frequently but man what are they thinking up there)
4.  Governator wants to take away our PERS retirement plan in favor of 401(k)'s.....(What is he thinking ?)
5.   Compassionate use of Marijuana being considered for inmates in prison who feel bad......(Yep its true, stand by for the fun CDC....)

And this is the highlights........

Still want to be a LEO in California ?

or

How about "Got law ?"

Signed:    Frustrated in California
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
lateral transfer your way out of that place...... Komifornia...
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Was going to retire in 10 years, but I will be fifty in 3.5 years and now considering retiring then and getting another job, double dipping so to speak, in a gun friendly state.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the "Bark and circle" (or whatever the no-force K9 thing is) dog trend.  

NorCal
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
get out while you can.........

let them have the place....

Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I left there in 1992. I will never move back.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Once thought I would consider someplace in northern california or if I was crazy LASD.
Now, I've been convinced that I should stay in Montana. The reasons you listed are some of the major reasons why. That place is out of control and I only expect it to get worse.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Not on a dare!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Try WA... Makes CA look like Nazi Germany.

We have

NO Parole search
NO Probation search
NO field search of trunks ever.
NO asking for consent on a trafffic stop
NO 11550 law (use all the dope you can!!!!)
NO Drunk in public
NO suspended arrest
NO power to be proactive....

But we do give DL's to undocumented illegals.

City can enact ordinance telling you how to use your discretion. (Dont ask)
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:38:39 AM EDT
[#10]
No police pursuits? Does that mean at the first sign of flight, they commence ramming? That will end pursuits.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#11]
The City of Fresno, Ca. has had a "NO PURSUIT" policy for a couple of years.   The rest of the state has not followed, but the liberal legislators want it real bad.   The flip side to this is The City of Fresno is #1 in the state for Grand Theft Auto (GTA) and #2 in the nation.   I went on two(2) ride-a-longs with FPD and we routinely saw/documented "moving" GTA's out of central station.  (2-Frank-21) .  We turned on the red/blue lights/siren, they took off.   We shut down and waived bye bye.   Very embarrassing.   The CHP have a task force assigned in Fresno area just to take up the slack because of the City's failure to do their job.   If the State of California ever follows suit, stand by, it will be kaos at unprecedented levels.   By the way, car insurance for Honda/Toyota/Ford Taurus owners is triple what others pay in the Fresno zip code area because of this policy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Lets see if I got this right:

5.   Compassionate use of Marijuana being considered for inmates in prison who feel bad......(Yep its true, stand by for the fun CDC....)

Signed:    Frustrated in California

Well if they sold the pot to the inmates you could keep your retirement and mabe increase your salery
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Been thinking about moving out to Boise Idaho more and more.  This state is driving me crazy.  Seems like everyday we are getting less and less and expected to do more.

Anyone in the Boise area??
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Been thinking about moving out to Boise Idaho more and more.  This state is driving me crazy.  Seems like everyday we are getting less and less and expected to do more.

Anyone in the Boise area??

Idaho State Police treats their people well from what I hear. Rocky Mountain States are great. Boise PD can be okay. Come, join us in the mountains!!! You won't look back. I don't know if you could pay me enough to make me go to Cali.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top