Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 9:19:47 AM EDT
Gotta get one for a new dept and I'm trying to shop around.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Vances in Columbus OH has decent LE prices if you are willing to make the trip.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Try these folks.  At G.T. Distributors, talk to a guy by the name of Eric.  Seems like they could make some sort of arrangements on a letterhead purchase.  In Texas, both of these stores have the best prices on Glocks that I have ever seen.

www.gtdist.com/

www.durysguns.com/html/law.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Try these folks.  At G.T. Distributors, talk to a guy by the name of Eric.  Seems like they could make some sort of arrangements on a letterhead purchase.  In Texas, both of these stores have the best prices on Glocks that I have ever seen.

www.gtdist.com/

www.durysguns.com/html/law.html

The Gt Dist prices are awesome but by the time you get the Glock, then sales tax, then 25 bucks shipping, then getting a dept letterhead, and then having it mailed to your dept's chief.  What a pain in the ass.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#6]
LC Action Police supply (San Jose CA), and Traders Sports in San Leandro, CA, both sell them for $425 (almost all models) to cops with a letterhead.  I imagine any Glock distributor will sell for this same price.  It's a deal that Glock has if I'm not mistaken, and I don't think the gun stores are alowed to make profit on it.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Call Glock and ask who's an LE distributor in your area.  I believe Glock has a set price for LE purchases.  All that is needed is a copy of your police ID.  It was awhile ago, but $399 sticks in my head for a G23 w/ night sights and 3 high cap mags.  YMMV
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I paid 400 plus tax from my dept's quartmaster section, unfortunately only uniform members of service are allow to purchase the guns. I got 3 15rd mags and trijicons on my brand new G19 for that price.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]

You can get Individual Officer Programs for LEO for non-work.  The sales area are by region...

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#10]
You can buy directly from Glock in either one of two ways.  If you can get a letterhead order (ultimate use affidavit) from the Chief (if you are state or local) or the head of your office (if you are Federal) then they will ship the gun(s) directly to your agency.  Their handout has the language required for the letter, which I think is/was signed under the penalties of perjury.  This is easier after the expiration of the ban on the magazines with a capaciity of more then 10, as they required a certification for use on duty.

If you cannot get the letter, you can fill out the LE order form, submit it with your payment, and a copy of your local FFL signed in ink.  Glock will ship them the gun and you have to do the 4473 (the yellow form) to receive it.  Prior to the expiration of the ban, Glock would only ship 10 rounders with these guns.

Either way, you can buy two at a time.   Don't forget to order extra magazines.

Good shooting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top