Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 6:58:22 PM EDT
Howdy all. I'm going into the Army here in a couple months, 31Bravo MOS (Military Police). I was wondering, if I stay in the Army till I retire, around age 40, what would be my chances of getting picked up by a decent agency or even a state or fed agency?

I'd really hate to get all that real world experience, and not be able to put it to good use.

What would be chances if i didn't reup in 5 years? (If any unforeseen circumstances crop up?)

By the way, I'm 19 now. Was planning to just finish my crim justice degree, and go into civvie LE as soon as I turned 21, but the more I heard about the Army, the more I liked about it. Ill be finishing my degree in the Army as time permits.

John
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
No go on federal law enforcement, you gotta start your fed LE career before you turn 37.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Some states will not take MP's for LEO's.  Check you area or reclass to 11 series on your next enlistment.  At least that was the way Michigan was when I left for the service in 91'.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:24:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I know tons of blue brothers who were mud puppies before they became coppers.  Not an issue.

Re: the age thing....You are SOL if you want to Fed (but feds are boring, uptight and swamped with rules regs and mickey-mouse BS have
If you go local or county, your chances are far, far better.  My agency hired a guy that was 46 w/no prior LE exp.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to go in my dept. MOS >OK, ETS>OK. As long as you pass all tests & checks and get through the academy and FTO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top