Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 5:17:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've also heard they have keyholes on both sides.  I'm not sure I like that idea.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure the S&W keys fit.. (or Peerless, or Made In Taiwan)...

We had to go over to Our Brother's House (The PD) to cut a cuff off of a (former) suspect who was being released after questioning. They were able to get cuff #1 off, but the key got stuck in the keyhole of cuff #2 - went from 7 o'clock to 1 o'clock - wouldn't unlock, or get to a point where it could be pulled out.

Wound up using our old US Steel wire mill bolt cutters - 4' long - to cut the free arm.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
We have a few sets around.  As you said, they don't fit into normal cases; and I too am leery of two key holes (more to go wrong etc..)  Still carrying my Peerless.  Am interested to hear if they will hold up to a full blast Methamphibian.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
S&W seem to be the general issue carry units around here. I do have a pair of Peerless that are over 50 years old, they used to be my dad's and he did 30 years LEO before retiring in 1986. (No, they stay at home hanging on the wall)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top