Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 2:29:02 PM EDT
My partners son is a Marine and has been sent back to the sand box once again. The guys in my unit are putting together some care packages for him. His son was an Explorer with my department when he was a kid. We are planning on expanding this to include other guys sons and a few of our former explorers.

This is what we are doing to support our own. I thought it was a good idea that I would pass along to you guys.

Luckystiff, or should I say, Luckytostillbestiff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you!  We all decided to do something like that and picked an MP unit in the sandbox to sponsor.  We ended up sending them an entire commissary!  I have said this before...cops are some of the most generous people I know.

NorCal
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I loaded up my Cousin while he was there.  He was the soldier picked to sit next to Bush (several other soldiers sat at the table as well) at that famous drop in Thanksgiving dinner in Baghdad last year.  That's a hell of a story I'll tell another time but I will add that he was the lead armored vehicle (scouts out in front obviously) from Kuwait to Baghdad and his vehicle was in some of the shots of Saddam's statue being pulled down.

Now I'm looking for a new person/unit to ship stuff to.  If I can help, IM me some address/unit numbers and items needed and I'll pack it off in the next few weeks.

Last time I sent batteries, some of those kneepads, spare cheap watches, canned salmon, hot sauce, some magazines (actually just the pages that had the bikini clad chicks in them LOL), disposable cameras, books, playing cards, a tactical sling for my M4gery (now I need a new one). and a nice thank you note for the folks at the other end.

I asked him to give the cameras to his fellas to take pix for their loved ones but to take one of the disposable cameras and take some pics of him and his boys in front of his vehicle with my flag I sent and to send it back to me. But the prick gave all the cameras away!  I'm still pissed about that.

Cost me about 200 bucks all told counting shipping.  It was the least I could do

Ernie, the not yet hired wannabee, D.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top