User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 8:55:46 AM EDT

9-11 TRIBUTE DAY
In Association With
The Casey Joyce All-America Plano Post #4380
And
The Armistice Memorial Allen Post #2195

WHEREAS, September 11, 2004 marks the third anniversary of the terrible terrorist attacks in New York City, at the Pentagon, and in the skies over Pennsylvania; and

WHEREAS, The Fire Fighters, Rescue and Law Enforcement Personnel with courage and selflessness, unhesitatingly responded to our Nations call on that tragic day; and

WHEREAS, We vow to never forget the heroic sacrifices of our “First Responders” and to support them in word and deed in support of the security of our Community and Nation;

NOW THEREFORE, I, PAT EVANS, MAYOR OF THE CITY OF PLANO, TEXAS, do hereby proclaim the day of September 11th as

9-11 TRIBUTE DAY

and urge all citizens to reflect during this day, to honor the sacrifices of the heroes and innocent victims who lost their lives as a result of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

I had the honor this morning of reading that proclamation at our VFW Post in honor of our local "First Responders".

I salute you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to take a moment remember my online buddy BCM, John Moran, who lost his life doing his duty that day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top