Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2004 4:24:14 AM EDT
As a favor to those of us that like to drive 5 over the limit, why don't you guys take a day and give tickets to the bastard doing 48 in the left lane, the no blinker bastards that weave from place to place leaving the rest of us to guess where they are going and a few of those California stopping buttheads that nearly kill me every morning on the way to work as they roll into traffic while dialing the phone.

It might be nice to break up the day with other traffic offenses. Maybe a nice ticket for yakking on the phone if it is illegal in your area.  There are so many things to write, be creative just one day a week.

I got to wait at a light last Thursday while some bimbo in a mini-van actually stopped in the intersection because she could not shift, steer and talk on the damn phone.  She didn't stop talking and was pissed when I laid on the horn at her.  I actually muttered, "there oughta be a law".  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
When you drive a big white Crown Vic with a lightbar, seems everyone uses their blinker.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When you drive a big white Crown Vic with a lightbar, seems everyone uses their blinker.

Dig it!  I love driving the 101 loop here in PHX (near Scottsdale) in a marked unit.  It's amazing how civilized traffic can be.  That stretch is nuts when I'm in my POV!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
sucks that youre getting ticketed for 5 over... were you really going 5 over? or did you get a deal?

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been getting out of the "regular" stops, speeding, etc... Have been pulling over for normally overlooked violations. Inappropriate use of designated lane, failure to meet minimum speed requirements, "rolling" stops, etc... Those things that drive people crazy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a regional thing . Around here probably 60-70% of people use their turn signals on the highway .
Yet I was in Dallas last year and using your turn signals there only caused the driver of the car in the lane you inteded to merge into to close the gap as fast as they could
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
It's one of the rules of driving!

10 Rules For Driving In AZ
1. Turn signals give away your next move, a real AZ driver never uses them.

2. Never leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, or the space will be filled by someone else, putting you in an even more dangerous situation.

3. The faster you drive through a red light, the less chance you have of getting hit.

4. Braking should either be done hard & late, or as early and as slow as possible, including brake-riding to irritate other drivers.

5. Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right.

6. Speed limits mean drive that speed or faster.  Those driving slower eventually get killed in road rage incidents.

7. Make sure the slow people line up in the left and middle lanes.  When someone goes to pass on the right, a car in front should immediately slam on their brakes, slow to 2-4mph and make a right turn.

8. Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or someone changing a tire on the side of the road, it doesn’t even have to be on the road you are on.

9. All lane changing should be done just feet from stopping at a red light by cutting off anyone necessary.

10. The goal of every AZ driver is to always get there first by whatever means possible.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats it, I am moving to AZ! Life is more fun if you're not sure you're going to survive the day
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I never get a five over ticket unless I was actually 10-15 over,,lol.  I actually only get stopped every two or three years and it is usually polite.  I don't mind the ticket, if you can talk it down to 5 over it does not get reported to anybody.

Its the unpredictable swerving of the obese, phone yakking tards that make driving miserable.  At least the speeders are trying to get someplace.  The average swervtard seems to be just weaving around talking on the phone and trying to eat, with no goal in mind.  The drive the rest of us crazy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I never get a five over ticket unless I was actually 10-15 over,,lol.  I actually only get stopped every two or three years and it is usually polite.  I don't mind the ticket, if you can talk it down to 5 over it does not get reported to anybody.

Its the unpredictable swerving of the obese, phone yakking tards that make driving miserable.  At least the speeders are trying to get someplace.  The average swervtard seems to be just weaving around talking on the phone and trying to eat, with no goal in mind.  The drive the rest of us crazy.

Survival of the fittest.  Just think of it as an ongoing skills test.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Survival of the fittest.  Just think of it as an ongoing skills test.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My five over was reported to my insurance company, and I have been stopped three times in two years for 9-13 over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top