Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 7:45:42 AM EDT
I was thinking of doing this for some time, just not sure if it's for me. It intrigues me quite a bit and seems like I would get  a lot out of it as far as helping people and making a difference. Anyone on this board have any advice for me about what to expect or look for. I love guns and this job definitely requires the use of guns, lol. Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Think Military first! You'll help alot more people now, then Leo afterwards.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Might I suggest moving over to the "Brothers of the shield" forum?  We're a lot friendlier and less tinfoilish over there, and can actually give reliable advice.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Might I suggest moving over to the "Brothers of the shield" forum?  We're a lot friendlier and less tinfoilish over there, and can actually give reliable advice.

before this thread goes all to hell that's probably a good idea
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Aww com'on, I was trying real hard to think of some kind of comment regarding Duck-Hunt and shooting at the dog.

You guys ruin all the fun.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#5]
How long before a JBT comment get's put in this thread?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
So, you think you might enjoy shotgunnin dogs, tasering little girls, raiding the wrong houses, and...and...whatever else JBTs do to pass the time? Just kidding. Good luck with your decision!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was thinking of doing this for some time, just not sure if it's for me. It intrigues me quite a bit and seems like I would get  a lot out of it as far as helping people and making a difference. Anyone on this board have any advice for me about what to expect or look for. I love guns and this job definitely requires the use of guns, lol. Thanks for the replies.

Like handing out speeding tickets.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So, you think you might enjoy shotgunnin dogs, tasering little girls, raiding the wrong houses, and...and...whatever else JBTs do to pass the time? Just kidding. Good luck with your decision!

True, I enjoy all that but you forgot the best part... THE JACK BOOTS!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like handing out speeding tickets.

like recovering your little brats shitty stolen bike
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#12]
1.  Don't believe what you see on "COPS".  For that 5 minutes of excitement you get once in a while, they don't show you the 4 hours worth of paperwork that goes with it.

2.  There is VERY little "gunplay" involved.

3.  The vast majority of the people you are "helping" don't want your help.

4.  You won't really make a damn bit of difference.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad.  I'm a little bitter.  I work on the "bad side of town" in the city I work.  Also, we have a pretty bad morale problem due to our city and police administration.

I would suggest you go to some of the departments in your area and do some ride-alongs.  That will give you a good idea of what it's like.  I can promise you that the job is not what you think it is.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Good luck, just make sure you are a nice guy instead of a prick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top