[#2]
Hypothetically....name the felony.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The best thing HE can do is distance himself from me. ANY thing he says to me can come out in court. I am not saying that I will go running to the DA's office with every tid bit he says but if they find out we have been talking and hanging out together I could be forced to testify in court as to what he said.

I have gone through this in the past (DUI once and drug possession once). We just kept our distance till it was over with. It sucked but they knew how I was going to react and did not want to hear it from me anyway. Once they took care of THIER problem, it was all good again.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
ASsuming your friend did the actual crime then why would you want to be consorting with a felon.  

Need to pick better friends.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:03:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ASsuming your friend did the actual crime then why would you want to be consorting with a felon.  

Need to pick better friends.  

Consorting with a felon or persons of ill repute can get you fired here.   "conduct unbecoming"  Happened several times that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:48:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Consorting with a felon or persons of ill repute can get you fired here. "conduct unbecoming"  Happened several times that I know of.
__________________________________________________________________________________

In my agency they actually have something similar to the felon or person of ill repute thing written into our rules and regs.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#11]
A violent felony, yes.

A non violent felony, no.

I say this from personal experience, not speculation.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Any felony, I guess.  Does it make a difference?

Yes, homicide, rape, etc. etc. are different than a regulatory felony.

Many departments have rules against hanging about with felons, you might want to consider that when hang about with a person accused of a felony. Many may feel under felony indictment, is not a person you should hang out with.

Also, what happens if you still hang out with that person, and the department that arrested him is still investigating, and they want you to "tell what he's been up to" before and since the arrest. That's a no-win situation of you get into it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top