Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2021 12:10:57 AM EDT
I have not been checking in on this forum as much as I used to for the past year or so. Decided to start poking around again and visiting some of the boards and was almost immediately shocked at the level of anti police rhetoric I have been seeing. Its been a rough year for police, I am honestly shocked at the change in this place. Back when I was more active you had one or two oddball hard-core libritarians that hated police but now most of this place is indecernable from a BLM or Antifa forum when it comes to police.

Sad. Its bad enough my desire to be any part of this community has vanished. I can't be the only one who has noticed this change as of late.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Removed. Not gd.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Anti-blue-line-gangbangers? Say her name.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Im not a cop, but have family that are. I have always backed the blue, but feel very betrayed by what I witnessed in DC yesterday. Im am personally removing all pro-LE decs etc from public view. Not to thumb my nose at police, I will still give them the respect they are due as a human being, but it is no longer an honorable profession, IMO. Over time, the good officers will leave the profession and those that remain will enforce whatever their employer tells them to.

If it is any consolation, I am retired military, and do not display symbols indicating my service. I am proud to have served honorably, but lost faith in the institution toward the end of my service. I continued to perform to the best of my abilities, but I stopped investing in my career.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:53:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have not been checking in on this forum as much as I used to for the past year or so. Decided to start poking around again and visiting some of the boards and was almost immediately shocked at the level of anti police rhetoric I have been seeing. Its been a rough year for police, I am honestly shocked at the change in this place. Back when I was more active you had one or two oddball hard-core libritarians that hated police but now most of this place is indecernable from a BLM or Antifa forum when it comes to police.

Sad. Its bad enough my desire to be any part of this community has vanished. I can't be the only one who has noticed this change as of late.

View Quote

I'm retired after 41 years as a police officer.

Sad to say that the anti-police rhetoric is often justified.

In many places the police have been turned from law enforcement to what amounts to actors in a Kabuki play.

Have you been watching the Black Bloc riots? The police, attired in elaborate protective gear, engage rioters in stylized crowd control maneuvers and accomplish nothing.  Stores are still looted, still burned. People still attacked and beaten while the police make little effort to stem the carnage.

Respect has to be earned, and in so many cases the police aren't earning it anymore.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:28:12 AM EDT
[#6]
This place is just reflecting society as a whole. The police have picked sides.  When they pick the sides of the communist left over the law abiding, don't be surprised that the law abiding citizen doesn't like them anymore.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:36:42 AM EDT
[#7]
We have a lot of anarchists on this site. Many of them call themselves libertarians. They have more in common with ANTIFA than conservatives.  The site staff/mods used to keep them in their place but they have been doing so less and less so the anarchists here have become more and more vocal over time.

Nothing stays the same and all internet sites change over time. Right now both the liberals and fake conservatives hate law enforcement.....for slightly different reasons but the same ideology. Fake conservatives want law enforcement to ignore crimes from people they like and arrest those they don’t like. ANTIFA types want law enforcement to ignore crimes from people they like and arrest those they don’t like. It’s almost like they are....identical! WHO they hate is different but they want the same results on a different group of people.

Add to that bad city leaders in some cities directing law enforcement actions....you have a mess on your hands.....which is what we see today. It’s only going to get worse because both the liberals and fake conservatives combined outnumber everyone else.

Don’t let the tards bother you. Doesn’t matter whether they are liberals or libertarians.....they are all the same mold of shit. They have always existed it’s just that they have found their balls.....for a little while. As long as people entertain their delusions they will believe they have a voice.

I’m sure a few of these degenerate retards will find this thread and share their vomit for the rest of us to admire.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:47:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Sergtjim I think you overestimate the cultural sophistication of GD.

In many places the police have been turned from law enforcement to what amounts to actors in a Kabuki play.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:05:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This place is just reflecting society as a whole. The police have picked sides.  When they pick the sides of the communist left over the law abiding, don't be surprised that the law abiding citizen doesn't like them anymore.
View Quote

The police have not picked sides. You do realize that police consist of thousands of completely separate agencies with no connection to each other correct ? Do you hate all doctors because one in Utah is negligent or supports abortion ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:12:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The police have not picked sides. You do realize that police consist of thousands of completely separate agencies with no connection to each other correct ? Do you hate all doctors because one in Utah is negligent or supports abortion ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t try to reason with morons. They can’t understand reason or logic. They only understand emotion.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:16:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Ashli Babbitt was her name.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:28:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Point made. ANTIFA and fake conservatives/libertarians are the same. WHO they hate is the only difference.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:57:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's kind of simple.  You have dysfunctional  losers that never really did anything in their lives, who have this jerkoff fantasy.  Like every good fantasy they need to be a hero. That requires a bad guy. Mostly it's the police, sometimes it's the military, every once in a while it's somebody really off the wall like a coffee company. Mature and rational thought never even made it into the building.

None of them are going to do more than drench their laptop with spittle and can be ignored or even better, used for entertianment value.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok? We know...most officers do not condone what happened. It was tragic and she should have not been shot. This place has gone to shit.we have several members actively cheering that an officer died.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Not that people in general were ever really intelligent, but many make the effort to become less so.

It’s very unpopular to have a rational point of view. Everything goes to the extreme. So it’s not that George Floyd was kind of a bad guy but it doesn’t excuse the cops actions. Instead it’s he’s a hero that died for the cause of equality vs he’s a murderous career criminal that society is better off without. No one seems capable of being honest. So you can’t get people saying, yeah police have taken militarization too far. The “make it home safe at all costs” mentality that was supposed to prevent officers from being naive has gone too far. Not every department needs SWAT/SRT and no-knock should be the exception not the rule. There are some officers that are POS, there are some that are fantastic. Some sheriffs will stand against unjust laws and some will happily support them.

It’s just so much easier to paint with a broad brush, especially when “the other side” is doing it.

EDIT: somehow my post got submitted when only partially complete...weird.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don’t try to reason with morons. They can’t understand reason or logic. They only understand emotion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have tried to reason with people and failed.....  Most of them have no clue what they are talking about, yet they jump on a bandwagon and regurgitate some nonsense they have spun into reality in their head.  There are bad cops, as in "dirty" cops.  There are also cops that are just bad at the job, but not necessarily criminals.  That being said, there are plenty that are good.  It's the blanket statements that ALL are bad that bugs me.  

Just read through any thread involving an OIS.  It real easy to pick out the people who have no clue what they are talking about, yet they are the ones that try the hardest to prove they are right.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great example.  When BLM and antifa was marching around the streets and started all this "say his/her name" nonsense, everybody talked down on them.  Now the same people are saying the EXACT same thing about this girl.......hypocrites.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Great example.  When BLM and antifa was marching around the streets and started all this "say his/her name" nonsense, everybody talked down on them.  Now the same people are saying the EXACT same thing about this girl.......hypocrites.
View Quote

Did Ashlii try to pummel a white hispanic into the ground? Did Ashlii point a gun at an officer and run? Did Ashlii fight with 3 or 4 other officers to the ground? Did Ashlii scream pigs in the blanket fry them like bacon?

No? Then shut up. It’s not the same. If anything, I could bet $$ she supported the Police like most of us.

One side cheers the destruction of the US values, and the other defended it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did Ashlii try to pummel a white hispanic into the ground? Did Ashlii point a gun at an officer and run? Did Ashlii fight with 3 or 4 other officers to the ground? Did Ashlii scream pigs in the blanket fry them like bacon?

No? Then shut up. It’s not the same. If anything, I could bet $$ she supported the Police like most of us.

View Quote

What???  My comment had nothing to do with the manner in which she was killed.  

I would love to discuss this in further detail with you, but I am sure it will be a giant waste of time.  Have a great day.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get lost. GD is the place for you and the rest of your fellow ANTIFAGS
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's kind of simple.  You have dysfunctional  losers that never really did anything in their lives, who have this jerkoff fantasy.  Like every good fantasy they need to be a hero. That requires a bad guy. Mostly it's the police, sometimes it's the military, every once in a while it's somebody really off the wall like a coffee company. Mature and rational thought never even made it into the building.

None of them are going to do more than drench their laptop with spittle and can be ignored or even better, used for entertianment value.
View Quote

There are few things in life more satisfying than laughing at an idiot.....doubly so when it’s to their face
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I would love to discuss this in further detail with you, but I am sure it will be a giant waste of time.  Have a great day.
View Quote

It did.

People are not burning cities and rioting over Ashlii and chanting her name in the streets.

There is no hypocrisy here.

BLM marched for people killed that in many cases provoked or got into an altercation with a police officer.

Remember hands up don't shoot?
Remember Trayvon Martin? The poor victim?
Remember Atlanta Wendy's burning?

Ashlii wasn't in a house with someone that opened fire on police through a door.

So, no, it's not even the same thing. But I'm sure that you'll disagree.

I support the police, but many are getting the feeling that the Police do not support law abiding citizens. So, there is definitely a shift on police support here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not that people in general were ever really intelligent, but many make the effort to become less so.

It’s very unpopular to have a rational point of view. Everything goes to the extreme. So it’s not that George Floyd was kind of a bad guy but it doesn’t excuse the cops actions. Instead it’s he’s a hero that died for the cause of equality vs he’s a murderous career criminal that society is better off without. No one seems capable of being honest. So you can’t get people saying, yeah police have taken militarization too far. The “make it home safe at all costs” mentality that was supposed to prevent officers from being naive has gone too far. Not every department needs SWAT/SRT and no-knock should be the exception not the rule. There are some officers that are POS, there are some that are fantastic. Some sheriffs will stand against unjust laws and some will happily support them.

It’s just so much easier to paint with a broad brush, especially when “the other side” is doing it.

EDIT: somehow my post got submitted when only partially complete...weird.
View Quote

This is a great post.

It was fairly recent too. In the last year GD has gone off the deep end. I bet if Trump himself had an account here they would have accused him of being a Never Trumper lol
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Get lost. GD is the place for you and the rest of your fellow ANTIFAGS
View Quote

And this is why people have turned against the police. Your comment has no fucks to give therefore we have no fucks to give.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Not everyone fits into a political bottle, and some have their own beliefs that may share conservative ideas.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And this is why people have turned against the police. Your comment has no fucks to give therefore we have no fucks to give.
View Quote

No. You have turned against the police because you and the rest of your ilk prefer anarchy. Fucking disgusting. You deserve everything that is happening nation wide. You’re no different than ANTIFA.  Go back to your fellow anarchy lovers and enjoy the chaos you have created.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No. You have turned against the police because you and the rest of your ilk prefer anarchy. Fucking disgusting. You deserve everything that is happening nation wide. You’re no different than ANTIFA.  Go back to your fellow anarchy lovers and enjoy the chaos you have created.
View Quote

You made a heck of a lot of assumptions from one post without even giving it a thought.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You made a heck of a lot of assumptions from one post without even giving it a thought.
View Quote

LE experience has taught me to recognize anarchists, degenerates, and retards when I have the displeasure of talking to them. Generally I try to avoid talking to stupid people but they do wander into the BOTS forum from time to time to spread their degeneracy for us to admire.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this is a huge part of the issue right here. If people don't agree with police, then ''we are right and they are wrong'' tends to be group think in police agencies. Is it everyone? Nope, but overall, it's the group collective thought.

Both sides don't trust the criminal system now and that includes law enforcement along with prosecutors, judges, representatives, and everyone else involved. When a system decides to pick and choose based on color and political background, you have no respect from anyone.

And that is exactly what the system has shown in the past year. Deny it all you want but it IS FACT.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LE experience has taught me to recognize anarchists, degenerates, and retards when I have the displeasure of talking to them. Generally I try to avoid talking to stupid people but they do wander into the BOTS forum from time to time to spread their degeneracy for us to admire.
View Quote

You directed name calling, personal attacks, and brought zero intellectual discussion to the table. I am not going to be lectured by you on anything.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Man, what a depressing thread. If the LEOs who actually bother to talk to us are already like this, imagine what the ones who are just doing it for the paycheck are like.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We have a lot of anarchists on this site. Many of them call themselves libertarians. They have more in common with ANTIFA than conservatives.  The site staff/mods used to keep them in their place but they have been doing so less and less so the anarchists here have become more and more vocal over time.

Nothing stays the same and all internet sites change over time. Right now both the liberals and fake conservatives hate law enforcement.....for slightly different reasons but the same ideology. Fake conservatives want law enforcement to ignore crimes from people they like and arrest those they don’t like. ANTIFA types want law enforcement to ignore crimes from people they like and arrest those they don’t like. It’s almost like they are....identical! WHO they hate is different but they want the same results on a different group of people.

Add to that bad city leaders in some cities directing law enforcement actions....you have a mess on your hands.....which is what we see today. It’s only going to get worse because both the liberals and fake conservatives combined outnumber everyone else.

Don’t let the tards bother you. Doesn’t matter whether they are liberals or libertarians.....they are all the same mold of shit. They have always existed it’s just that they have found their balls.....for a little while. As long as people entertain their delusions they will believe they have a voice.

I’m sure a few of these degenerate retards will find this thread and share their vomit for the rest of us to admire.
View Quote

Agreed...  Just surprised.  Never thought I would live to see the day that cops would condone the killing of a brother officer doing his job...

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Agreed...  Just surprised.  Never thought I would live to see the day that cops would condone the killing of a brother officer doing his job...

https://michaelsmithnews.typepad.com/.a/6a0177444b0c2e970d0278800c10df200d-pi

https://www.airforcemag.com/app/uploads/2021/01/Sicknick-deployment-to-Kyrgyzstan-Operation-Enduring-Freedom-2003-900x600.jpg
View Quote

No one should be happy that a police officer died doing his job. I certainly am not. I am however disgusted where our country is headed with politicians escalating this behavior and promoting anti police rhetoric for the last decade and allowing BLM and Antifa to ravage the country while at the same time using LEOs against the very same Americans that supports the law enforcement.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No one should be happy that a police officer died doing his job. I certainly am not. I am however disgusted where our country is headed with politicians escalating this behavior and promoting anti police rhetoric for the last decade and allowing BLM and Antifa to ravage the country while at the same time using LEOs against the very same Americans that supports the law enforcement.

View Quote

Not being "happy" about it...?  Really?

Look I don't think any of us are "happy" about the treatment we have received, the course of this country or the results of the election.  But some here have refused to accept facts which we don't like...  that we lost an election, or the complete dearth of evidence to support anything else and the overwhelming investigations and then judicial review by the courts, many sympathetic to the party.   Trump lost for many reasons, some of which were beyond his control... a world wide pandemic which destroyed our economy, a hostile press.  Some were his own fault, his poor judgement, and refusal to "play politics" he ignored the American moderates.. for example, refusing to lower the flag for McCain likely contributed to his loss in Arizona and his refusal to even make a conciliatory statement at John Lewis's passing was foolish and put wind in the sails of his opponents...  

Believing that the democrats were able to successfully pull off a nation-wide election steal across the separate state election systems, some run by Republicans without a single error or defection is fantasy...  A party that could not even protect their own emails?

Our honor is to serve whether we enjoy that service or agree with those we serve... and to expect to serve without thanks appreciation and often at the disdain of those we protect..  If that is no longer sustainable it is time to seek a different profession.   Certainly taking sides with groups, many who are antithetical to law enforcement or government in general seems anomalous to me...  
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Im not a cop, but have family that are. I have always backed the blue, but feel very betrayed by what I witnessed in DC yesterday. Im am personally removing all pro-LE decs etc from public view. Not to thumb my nose at police, I will still give them the respect they are due as a human being, but it is no longer an honorable profession, IMO. Over time, the good officers will leave the profession and those that remain will enforce whatever their employer tells them to.

If it is any consolation, I am retired military, and do not display symbols indicating my service. I am proud to have served honorably, but lost faith in the institution toward the end of my service. I continued to perform to the best of my abilities, but I stopped investing in my career.
View Quote

If you are not an leo, how is it that you have access here?  are you an emt of ff? I thought we had to be vetted.  I had to submit a copy of an ID before admission.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm retired after 41 years as a police officer.

Sad to say that the anti-police rhetoric is often justified.

Have you been watching the Black Bloc riots? The police, attired in elaborate protective gear, engage rioters in stylized crowd control maneuvers and accomplish nothing.  Stores are still looted, still burned. People still attacked and beaten while the police make little effort to stem the carnage.

Respect has to be earned, and in so many cases the police aren't earning it anymore.
View Quote

I'm retired law enforcement, too.  And, I have to admit, watching all of the riot police stand by and watch while rioters burned and destroyed stores in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, and New York, and other places, and doing nothing, I was kind of wondering why they even bothered to come out, myself.  In case it got worse?    

Maybe, I've just been retired too long, and don't understand the new way of policing.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You directed name calling, personal attacks, and brought zero intellectual discussion to the table. I am not going to be lectured by you on anything.

View Quote

Cool. Go away
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you are not an leo, how is it that you have access here?  are you an emt of ff? I thought we had to be vetted.  I had to submit a copy of an ID before admission.
View Quote

This is the public LEO forum.  Not the private one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not being "happy" about it...?  Really?

Look I don't think any of us are "happy" about the treatment we have received, the course of this country or the results of the election.  But some here have refused to accept facts which we don't like...  that we lost an election, or the complete dearth of evidence to support anything else and the overwhelming investigations and then judicial review by the courts, many sympathetic to the party.   Trump lost for many reasons, some of which were beyond his control... a world wide pandemic which destroyed our economy, a hostile press.  Some were his own fault, his poor judgement, and refusal to "play politics" he ignored the American moderates.. for example, refusing to lower the flag for McCain likely contributed to his loss in Arizona and his refusal to even make a conciliatory statement at John Lewis's passing was foolish and put wind in the sails of his opponents...  

Believing that the democrats were able to successfully pull off a nation-wide election steal across the separate state election systems, some run by Republicans without a single error or defection is fantasy...  A party that could not even protect their own emails?

Our honor is to serve whether we enjoy that service or agree with those we serve... and to expect to serve without thanks appreciation and often at the disdain of those we protect..  If that is no longer sustainable it is time to seek a different profession.   Certainly taking sides with groups, many who are antithetical to law enforcement or government in general seems anomalous to me...  
View Quote

VERY well said sir.

Although not an LEO myself, I have ALWAYS respected (and honestly feared) LEO's.  Like any profession, you have good people and bad people. As I explained to my boys, always respect the law and be courteous, and as long as you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Point being, there are very few professions where you can actually be locked up if you're a dick.

My one boy wants to go into the military and become a police officer after he gets out (he's trying to put some thought into how he wants to accomplish his goals) and I'm proud of him for having those goals and would be proud of him if he made LE a profession.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#41]
You just missed the post on Brian being beaten to death in GD. Some asshat comments...
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:10:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you really this stupid or are you just pretending so you can push a bullshit narrative?

edit: In reality there are many officers(likely more than not) that, when push comes to shove, will tell anyone ordering them to do something unconstitutional to shove it up their ass.

Most departments are a direct reflection of the communities they serve.  Damn near the only examples you can come up with to support your narrative are from the big cities.  Big city departments are run by big city politicians and their ranks filled with big city residents.  The big cities are already lost and a good chunk of the LEO community wouldn't think of joining a big city department for various reason(to include the politics).

If you're planning on law enforcement, as a whole, to come in and save the day then you're wrong but if you think for one second that the LEO community, as a whole, is accurately represented by big city departments in liberal strongholds then you're a fool.

One of the biggest reasons I made the decision to get into law enforcement is because it's imperative to get as many conservative officers working as we can that respect the Constitution.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:edit: In reality there are many officers(likely more than not) that, when push comes to shove, will tell anyone ordering them to do something unconstitutional to shove it up their ass.
View Quote

BULL SHITE.

So there is a different set of rules per the US contitution per what is and what is not allowed per owning guns in California, New York or Massachusettes vs Idaho, North Carolina or West Virginia?

I ask because I spent time in every one of those states listed above and the gun laws are enforced differently.

The feds make the big news when something is thought about per gun laws, but it comes down to the state.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

BULL SHITE.

So there is a different set of rules per the US contitution per what is and what is not allowed per owning guns in California, New York or Massachusettes vs Idaho, North Carolina or West Virginia?

I ask because I spent time in every one of those states listed above and the gun laws are enforced differently.

The feds make the big news when something is thought about per gun laws, but it comes down to the state.  
View Quote

Who decides what is constitutional or isn’t constitutional?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're an LEO, I would assume you would know?  If you don't, I'm kinda of scared?

My understanding is state law can not supercede federal law, and if there are issues with interpreting the law at the federal level, it will be taken up with the federal courts to determine what is legal per state law.

Thus, it is ok to have certain firearm restrictions in one state, but those restrictions are not in place in another state.  

If I'm incorrect in my assumption, please let me know per case law.

The reality is in a heartbeat I could be arrested for having an "illegal gun" in New York, California or Massachusetts with a supressor attached to the firearm, but I'm absolutely fine legal wise in North Carolina.  I've never known LEO's to say "well, even though it's agasint state law, you're just practicing your 2nd admendment rights per the consitution so I'm going to let you go without a warning".  

That said, did get caught in Utah with a .44 with all chambers loaded while driving 26 in a 25 zone (no lie), ended up talking with the state trooper for a good 1/2 hour about guns, and he did let me go with a warning because I was violating state law (guy wasn't a dick, just overall a good guy who I probably could of been friends with if I lived out there).

My one boy who wants to go into LE, I only tell him that he needs to cover his ass, but don't be a dick with the people you deal with just because you have a badge.  However, I'm not stupid enough to drive in NY or California with a AR-15 not state "approved" with 30 round mags and a can with the gun and the LEO to let me go with only a warning LOL
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Consider the oath you took and if you are actually upholding anything or just working for a paycheck for your self and your own needs and desires, are you serving a higher purpose to create a better future for us, preserving our rights and protecting us from tyranny or activley working against and prosecuting the citizenry while injustice governs your actions?

I think we are shifting our perspective as a whole to caring about our nation, our families and our people over the feelings of someone that made a career choice that puts them at odds with preserving that when you are legally required to stand against actual law & order and enforce the "law" unfairly onto white trump supporters or gun owners, thats just the way it is.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Nothing's over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Nothing's over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?

View Quote

Germans?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Sadly the media in this country have continued to only show "news" that fits the agenda thus continually we see bad cops doing bad shit. As I said in another post cops are reflections of the people within communities they come from. Some of us remember our oaths we swore and know what side were on the side of the constitution and right. Others have no loyalties to anything but pay. In my area im of the opinion the previous is the rule. The latter is evident in others. As an example just like you have some chiefs and sheriffs, standing up saying they'll not enforce gun laws and mask restrictions you've got others willing to stand and lick the feet of the powerful to get pats on the head when they tread on those they were supposed to protect.

I turn on the TV or come here or other media platforms and I see officers who make us look like shit. Shutting down churches, telling business owners they must close. Agencies on one coast making arrests for not wearing masks in empty parks all in the name of being good for the community, on the other releasing prisoners in droves because it's not safe to keep them contained and away from others. For years I've seen them posing for thank me for my service photos next to constitutionally protected property they've stolen. Officers not acting when they should and the lives it cost by either not going in to a school or not stopping someone they know is doing wrong. It's not every officer just like its not every department. The ones doing it make me and many others sick, it disgraces the uniform, the badge, and profession.

The school systems and media have successfully brainwashed millions of people. Rather then freedom and personal choice they choose false safety and comfort. As a result a whole bunch of people here are saying they have no representation in the political world. Well guess what a whole bunch of people cheered for the great victory they voted for these people, and by default the ideals and principals which they represent. Some of those people are in every profession in this country people here all either work with or know someone who feels this way its evident by the equally high number of posts about neighbors and relatives being rabidly anti conservative.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top