Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2020 12:13:12 AM EDT
Hi All,

Somewhat large urban department with a union benefit.  However, this past year has gone south and having confidence in force related incidents has been waning.  I am thinking about picking up personal insurance for mostly off duty related scenerios.  Who's the go to carry insurance these days?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a GD thread from earlier this year on this very topic- might be helpful.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Buy-Yourself-CCW-Insurance-/5-2339446/?page=1
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Read through the policies. Since you "may be" acting as a government agent and not a citizen, they may not even cover you. At the same time, if your employer deems your actions to be part of your employment, then they should be the one covering you. This would also allow for QI.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Good read.  I need to talk to some people and see where this may go.
Regards
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I had it through the fop. And got supplemental uscca for anything off duty
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Personal liability insurance saved my partner's job, when a judge (who we later found out was screwing the defense attorney in the case) got pissed at him and tried to have him fired.  He had $40,000 in legal bills before winning his case.  The insurance company picked up all of it and even let him pick his own lawyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top