Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2020 4:08:07 PM EDT
First of all, our general policy prohibits us from saying we work for our agency online. We can't even post private pictures in uniform. I will not identify our agency no matter how many times you ask.

Fellow deputy, a friend, was shot today in his private vehicle. Rolled up on him and unloaded. Possibly took 3 rounds.  Suspect(s) and vehicle still at large.

I feel helpless.

How have you guys felt when this happened?
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pissed off and determined to find them is best.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
you didn't say how bad he was hurt... prayers. Hang in brother
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
He took 2-3 rounds.

Drove himself away from the scene until he felt safe.

He is alive but in serious and stable condition.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Was he on duty taking a call or off duty?

To answer your question, I think we’re all different with how we cope in these situations. For me, I like to take great care of the guys family (meals, babysitting, etc).
Sure I get pissed but I don’t let that get in the way of the job that needs to be done. Channel it into motivation to catch the fucks that did it. Ultimate satisfaction is there...

Take care and best wishes for your buddy. Stay safe!

ETA - I did see he was in his POV so I’m assuming he was off duty. Any idea what led up to this?
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]
That’s oddly suspicious!  Not very common for dudes to get rolled on for real not working.

Was he on a task force?

Did he receive threats prior?

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers out that God gives him the strength to see a full recovery.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
He was previously in narcotics, had just been re assigned back to patrol.

Assigned to our sister squad.  Both squads off this weekend.

Video shows him pulling up to the light, suspect vehicle pulls up, unloads.

17 shots.  

Suspect vehicle recovered.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad he is stable. I hope they catch the bastard quickly
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Best wishes for your coworker.

Think it’s related to his job or something else?

Feeling helpless is understandable but not justified. Be there to support him and his family. You might feel helpless but you are not.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Appears he was targeted yes?  Crazy times man. Head on a swivel
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Very sorry to hear that.  This shows a general disrespect of law and order in our county.  I hope he pulls though and makes a full recovery.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Was he in uniform in his POV?

Someone tried very hard to murder one of my rookies last week.  Sent him to the hospital.

Serious business.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#13]
He was off duty in his POV on his way to the gym.

He’s a good guy and will pull through.

@Reaper2502 I went through this when Mike got shot in the face in ‘13. We were on B squad together ‘99-‘01 before we both left your agency and went in different directions.

Stay focused, stay professional. There are a ton of resources at the local, state, and federal level getting thrown at this.

It’s just a matter of time until we get them.

ETA:  For those asking the officer is well known in the area due to previous assignments. The suspect vehicle was involved in a drive-by shooting on Friday that identifies which “team” is most likely involved.  He was probably recognized and seen as a target of opportunity based on location. And this is all I’m going to comment as of now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He was off duty in his POV on his way to the gym.

He’s a good guy and will pull through.

@Reaper2502 I went through this when Mike got shot in the face in ‘13. We were on B squad together ‘99-‘01 before we both left your agency and went in different directions.

Stay focused, stay professional. There are a ton of resources at the local, state, and federal level getting thrown at this.

It’s just a matter of time until we get them.

ETA:  For those asking the officer is well known in the area due to previous assignments. The suspect vehicle was involved in a drive-by shooting on Friday that identifies which “team” is most likely involved.  He was probably recognized and seen as a target of opportunity based on location. And this is all I’m going to comment as of now.
View Quote

100% this. That is my best friend and shift partner robnc is talking about in 2013. The Dep involved is also a friend of mine, if you need an ear @reaper2502 IM or email me. I'll be happy to give you my public service (if you don't already have it)
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks so much guys!

I'm just sooooooooo pissed off!!!!

I mean, he has a wife and 2 little kids.

He was OFF. I mean not bothering anyone. Minding his own damn business.  Not that it would be excusable if he was in a patrol vehicle, but wth?!?!?!

I really appreciate the support.  

I am totally worried that once caught the dipshit DA is just going to dismiss this like she has so much other crap.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Prayers for your Brother
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Keep us updated as the hunt progresses. Very glad to hear your bro is going to be ok...
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#18]
One in custody as of today.

Facing Federal and State charges.

I would bet our local DA will drop the state charges and he will do time for the Federal charges.

Warrants sworn out for another suspect.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 1:27:58 AM EDT
[#19]
More good news. Once the book is shut I’d like to know the turds motive on this one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#20]
How's the recovery going..?
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#21]
He was posting himself doing push-ups on face book last week.

One suspect in custody.  The other is still at large.

Federal weapons charges with gang enhancements for all involved to bypass the progressive District Attorneys Office.

VICAR is a great tool when the US Attorney wants to use it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Hope he has a full recovery.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He was posting himself doing push-ups on face book last week.

One suspect in custody.  The other is still at large.

Federal weapons charges with gang enhancements for all involved to bypass the progressive District Attorneys Office.

VICAR is a great tool when the US Attorney wants to use it.
View Quote

Good.  Glad to hear it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top