Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 10:38:04 AM EDT
So I thought I'd try this question out here to see if it will shortem my research time. Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a personally owned Colt 6920 that I use on duty. Here is the question.

Can I apply and recieve an SBR permit legally and put a 14.5" barrel on it.

I am full time sworn.

Please don't turn this into a 14 vs 16 topic. I own a chronograph to and really don't care what the bullet is doing beyond a couple hundred yards. Thats what The M1A and 700P are for.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.titleii.com/pdf/NewF1.pdf[/url]
I dont see a problem. In fact, if the AWB is killed, it would clear up any concern I would have, which is the requirement for you to have the weapon "gifted" upon retirement.

Once you SBR it, you can, at your leisure, have it removed from the register by writing the ATF a letter (and of course remove the little barrel).

Edit: Dano has a much better explanation on your thread in the AR section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top