Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 6:54:02 PM EDT
 Is there a Co. that makes a on-off switch for break lights in a crown-vic?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about a dedicated switch for the lights, but our Wildlife officers used to have a kill switch wired in by the mechanics at the state garage. IIRC, it was just a toggle switch mounted on a bracket attached under the dashboard. I think they just cut the light wires under the floorboard of the car & ran a jumper wire up to the switch to complete the circuit when the switch was closed. I think they had ALL the rear lights on the kill switch. I would think any good mechanic could come up with something that would work....
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
some light control boxes have a brake light kill switch.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Our garage installed toggle switches for my units Ford F-150's. We run around on farm roads and canal banks at night with NVG's a lot. The brake lights and back up lights were giving us up too much.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
FEDERAL SIGNAL
SYSTROL
Both in the control heads.  I can get you the model if you would like.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]Jim462[/b] here ya go:

Federal Signal Corp.
[red][url]http://www.emergencyequipment.net/fesiunto.html[/url][/red]   "Touchmaster" control head.
There is the Delta and the "4"  We use the "4" and don't have any complaints.  The blackout function, if installed correctly, controls backup, brake, tail lights, turn signals, and headlights.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Before we got a new fleet (our prior one was 3 years old) all the cars had them.  Now we have a half roll out of new cars (over 20) and none have the black out function.  Seems they forgot to add it!

oh well...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top