Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2003 4:35:47 PM EDT
Anyone know of any agencies besides NYPD issuing or authorizing those in 9mm?

Second question ... Anyone have any opinions on them ?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Question 1: No idea, I'm NYPD.

Question 2: Very small, very concealable, a bugger to break down.  I went with both Glocks for the mag interchangability, otherwise I would have gone with the Sig 226 and Kahr K9.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of the agencies in our area allow their people to carry them for backup/off duty, but no one I know issues them.

I carry a PM9 as my backup when I'm in uniform, and most of the time as my off-duty gun, especially in hot weather when it's hard to wear enough clothes to hide a .45.

The only problem I have seen is what Vinnie mentioned: they are uncommonly annoying to field strip, at least until you've done it a few times. This is my second Kahr, & the wife has one for her CCW gun. They all have excellent triggers (for a DA-only pull, that is), and they have all been accurate and reliable. For my money the Kahr is the best concealment gun in a decent caliber out there. YMMV, JMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top