Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2003 2:23:23 PM EDT
I don't have room in my safe for my vest, and I always worry that if I was burglerized some shitbag would use it for more crime.

What about cuff?  They could be used against you or other occupants of your home if you were a victim of a home invasion.  You just never know who sees you coming and going with your guns or other gear.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Naw, I leave my duty belt and vest out (weapon is secured).
Since I wear them pretty much every day, it makes no sense to lock them up.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, need em for play time.[naughty]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have items all over the place too.  I just wondered if it was a bad idea for when I was not actually in my home.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys don't keep your stuff in a locker at work?  I have a pair of cuffs that go with me when I carry off duty, but my vest stays in my locker.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:38:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You guys don't keep your stuff in a locker at work?  I have a pair of cuffs that go with me when I carry off duty, but my vest stays in my locker.
View Quote

I have a take home, so most of my stuff is in the car.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Handcuffs?  All over the place.  Then again,  so are handcuff keys.  They've migrated to just about every drawer, keyring, and and trinket basket in the house. For some reason there is even one in my shaving kit.  It's like 9mm duty rounds.  You'd be amazed where ammo turns up around here.

The vest?  Steal it.  The funk on the old one would kill a perp within minutes.  As for the belt, etc,  that's what homeowner insurance is for.   I've been thinking about going to a Mirage system anyway.

Take home?  No way. It takes me 20 minutes to load and unload a car every night.

Laptop and two clipboards.
Chemical protective gear
Raid/riot gear
Two gear bags with maps, manuals, evidence bags, survival blankets, extra flashlights, batteries, pistol and shotgun ammo, (Buckshot and LTL) extra armor and pistol, Mylanta tablets, sinus pills, extra eyeglasses, road vests, raingear, jacket and night vision scope, small  axe.
Cooler with sodas and water.
Rescue line bag and fingerprint kit.
AR15.

I really wish I drove one of the Expeditions.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top