Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 1:16:42 PM EDT
Can anyone chime in on these things. Up by my location, a lot of the police cars have a cell phone signal booster. But curious as to how well they work.
My local area has a few spots where you will have 3-4 bars on signal. Then bam, signal lost for 50ft and back on again. Problem is once you hit the deadly spot, the call is lost.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:01:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No idea. We have a ton of dead space in our county, even now...
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
In the same boat.  One end of my town I have full 4G service.  On the other half I’m doing good to get 2 bars.  I’ve been looking at one of these, which is cheaper on eBay, but the mixed reviews has me hesitant.

Amazon Product
  • COMPATIBILITY: This we Boost Signal Booster is compatible with all US carriers including: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Straight Talk, U. S. Cellular and many more. *Government regulations in the U. S. prohibit boosting a particular frequency used by some of the Sprint network. Most Sprint customers still see performance improvement from we Boost signal boosters.
  • SIGNAL BOOSTER: The we Boost Drive 4G-X 470510 Cell Phone Signal Booster boosts your 4G LTE and 3G signal up to 32X for fewer dropped calls, higher audio quality, and faster uploads and downloads
  • VERSATILITY: The we Boost Drive 4G-X Cell Phone Signal Booster supports multiple devices so that everyone can experience enhanced 4G LTE and 3G signals.

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#3]
We have them at work. They seem to work pretty good. The way most of ours are setup, the signal is boosted inside the interior of the truck and that's about it. Step outside and signal goes away.
No idea on the brand.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be fine, done need to boost outside the vehicles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top