Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 7:22:41 AM EDT
Does an Agency need to fill out a Form 10 on DRMS firearms. My department is getting in some M14's and I was asked about what paper work that needs to be done when they get here.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks man. We need to have a sit down one of these days. I will e-mail you my contact info.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wanted to add that ATF asks for 2 signed forms be sent to them, No copies.  Upon approval they keep one and send one back.  

Hopefully your rifles are in a little better shape than ours.  When I unpackaged ours, I found that they didn't do a very good job of packing it in cosmoline.  The operating rod was pretty rusty.  A little bit of Hoppe's, some steel wool, and some elbow grease cleaned it up though.  Also, if you get the fiberglass stocks, which I'm sure you will, the steel wool also worked nicely to smooth out the surface on them.  I had quite a mess by the time I was done though.  If you want, I could probably get a picture to send off to you.

Natez,

We got a M14 recently and we already received the approval from ATF.  Except, I sent a copy of the Form 10 to the State 1033 Coord., before it was approved.  Do they need a copy of the approved form.  I haven't heard anything back yet, so I'm guessing they don't.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if our M14's were even issued.  I think they were packed in the 60's.  The didn't show any signs of use.  We also got really lucky with the mags, cause they shipped us 5 new in the wrapper.  We got 1 H&R and 4 Winchester mags.  We paid about $38 for shipping, because we only got one.  It gets to be less per rifle the more you get.  I sent a letter off for a M16 just a little while ago, so I'm waiting to hear back on that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top