Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2018 11:48:13 PM EDT
I have a question I have yet to get an answer to. If I am Georgia POST certified, and certified in another state(say SC for example), do I lose certification in the state I am not working in currently? Do I lose that states certification permanently or just the authority to arrest in that state?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It expires after a certain time after you leave the state regardless
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
If I keep my yearly required in-service training hours up to date, is that enough to keep my certificate good, besides the possibly of taking a 'refresher' course?

I do know that in SC, if you are not working under an angency for longer than a year, you must attend a 6 week academy course.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do I lose that states certification permanently or just the authority to arrest in that state?
View Quote
If you are not actively employed by an LE agency in that state, how would you retain the authority to arrest? (other than a citizens arrest, which you don't need any cert for...)
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
MO, your license is good for 5 years, after you are no longer commissioned.  You still have to keep your training  hours up, but can work for anybody within that 5 year period. Once that passes, you have to take the training again.

Missouri has really fucked up the amount of hours that are needed every year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top