Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2018 9:26:21 PM EDT
My first real round with working with law enforcement. I have all the details about the job. What I will be doing, with whom and when. Lower level calls that don't require an officer (nuisance, ordinance violations, animal calls and arrest tranpsorts to name a few) will be my bread and butter. The city I am starting with had the requirement that I be within a year of completing POST, so that leads me to believe that I have a real chance of being LE after I complete school.  I have been doing security for the last 12 years so being the low man on the totem pole will be a refreshing experience.

Other than learning to shoot dogs, what will help me put my best foot forward in regards to the department?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What is a CSO?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is a CSO?
View Quote
Community Service Officer??
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a CSO?
I’ve only ever seen them work parades and block party type events.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats, man. My grandfather was a reserve sheriff's deputy for many years, and I know it was one of the most fulfilling things he ever did.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a CSO?
This is correct. A CSO does the parking ordinances, noise ordinances park patrols and low level citations that do not rise to the need of a patrol officer. Sorry about the delayed response, I got wrapped up in homework and the offensive meme thread in GD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top