Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 4:11:28 PM EDT
Looking for a new set of gloves.  I'm issued a set of the thick leather gloves, but would like something more breathable, cut/stab proof, a little more thin, and possibly compatible with touchscreens.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for a new set of gloves.  I'm issued a set of the thick leather gloves, but would like something more breathable, cut/stab proof, a little more thin, and possibly compatible with touchscreens.  Thanks.
View Quote
Corrections experience:
More breathable will be less cut/poke resistant, and thicker. It's all a trade-off.
Turtleskin makes some nice poke resistant gloves but you won't feel shit through them.
I like Hatch gloves for riot/impact protection.
I'm currently using a set of Magpul gloves for patdowns and general light duty use. They're pretty nice but probably won't hold up well. I had 5.11s before these that worked well enough but they didn't last long.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I stopped using all thick gloves and just use batting gloves now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:00:50 AM EDT
[#3]
This is what a lot of guys I work with use:
Gloves

Im ordering a set this week to replace mine. I tend to only use my leather gloves if I THINK they may have a needle etc. For homeless and others, I just use latex.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I rarely use them but I had a set of thick Kevlar gloves that saved me from a uncapped syringe pointed up in a meth guys pocket.  Glove stopped it thank goodness.

I’ve been out of the loop but it would be great if someone made a flight glove type glove with Kevlar.  Something that you could still have some hand dexterity but also protection
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top