Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2018 11:46:32 AM EDT
In listening to my scanner, occassionally I'll hear dispatch tell the officer that the person they pulled over has a warrant in a county that is outside of geographical limits ( no clue what this means)  or they county that has the warrant issued won't extradite?

So, if you're that officer, what do you tell that person? Have a nice day and make sure you go take care of that warrant, or here's a pair of shiny bracelets for you to wear?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to tell them they have a warrant out of where, and get it taken care of.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
So, if you're that officer, what do you tell that person? Have a nice day and make sure you go take care of that warrant, or here's a pair of shiny bracelets for you to wear?
View Quote
This.. If a jurisdiction is not willing to send someone to retrieve the wanted person, and you have no additional charges, have a nice day.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In listening to my scanner, occassionally I'll hear dispatch tell the officer that the person they pulled over has a warrant in a county that is outside of geographical limits ( no clue what this means)  or they county that has the warrant issued won't extradite?

View Quote
All warrants have extradition limits. In my area, it's common to see adjoining counties only for misdemeanor warrants. Felonies are either statewide or nationwide depending on the severity of the offense.

If you are outside the extradition limits, then there is no reason to even confirm the warrant. Sometimes for problem people, we have delivered the person directly to the agency that is outside the extradition limits though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate the info guys, have always wondered about that aspect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top