Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2018 7:47:24 PM EDT
Anyone use Guardian Tracking for employee files, discipline, ataboys etc? Been looking at it to replace our antiquated system of memo's and paper files for that stuff. Would make it easier to do evals (which are once a year) when we have six month shift rotations when you don't always have the same people on your shift from bid to bid. Also we have a fare amount of OT so I usually have at least one person on my shift that is on OT and if I need to address something with them it would be easier to type ito into the system vs cutting a memo to go in their file that there next supervisor may not see when doing evals, lol.

If you have experience, good, bad or indifferent with it let me know. I'm putting a presentation together for our next staff meeting next month.

guardian tracking

Thanks and Be Safe,
J-
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
We're using it (Abilene PD).  It's alright.  It really depends on who is using it.  I've had a SGT that only documented what he was made to.  Others have supervisors that document if they said hi to you in briefing.  We look at Guardian Entries as below Letter of Counseling or Letter of Reprimand.    Entries can be positive, negative, or informational.  But my experience is that few will take the time to put a positive entry.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 5:51:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're using it (Abilene PD).  It's alright.  It really depends on who is using it.  I've had a SGT that only documented what he was made to.  Others have supervisors that document if they said hi to you in briefing.  We look at Guardian Entries as below Letter of Counseling or Letter of Reprimand.    Entries can be positive, negative, or informational.  But my experience is that few will take the time to put a positive entry.
View Quote
Copy, we would only have 4 Sgts and 5 Lt's that would have access to add stuff so hopefully it would be used.

Is it pretty easy to use, search etc?

J-
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
We use it. Have had it about a year and it’s finally gaining traction as people are understanding more and more what should and shouldn’t go in there.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We use it. Have had it about a year and it’s finally gaining traction as people are understanding more and more what should and shouldn’t go in there.
View Quote
Worth it?

J-
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I’d say so. It seems to be formalizing the documentation of employee supervision. Different supervisors were keeping records different ways of both praise and counseling of their subordinates. Now, it all goes to one place.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’d say so. It seems to be formalizing the documentation of employee supervision. Different supervisors were keeping records different ways of both praise and counseling of their subordinates. Now, it all goes to one place.
View Quote
Cool thanks. That’s exactly the issue I’m trying to improve at our place.

J-
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 1:56:47 AM EDT
[#7]
We use it. The problem with it is that there’s no standard for HOW it is used. Other Sgts document EVERYTHING. Like someone
calls in to talk about how a call that was handled and they enter it as a complaint/unfounded, etc. The way I handle it is if the caller/person doesn’t say the magic words “I want to make a complaint....” it never sees Guardian. There IS a difference.

So our patrol guys hate it. As do I.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top