Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2018 6:13:07 PM EDT
So I'm told that my old stock pile of Underarmor shirts that I have are not allowed to use on duty and why its because they are not V-Neck. So I'm looking for advice on good undershirts I'm in the desert and I do sweat a lot color is no problem since you can't see them some guys go with cheap cotton shirts but I'm looking around to get some advice. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I either wear a cotton t-shirt or a Gildan performance t-shirt. The Gildan shirts do tend to develop a funky smell after a while much like the other performance type shirts I've tried.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Under Armour type shirt (which ever brand I can find the cheapest when I'm buying). Usually the looser fitting, wicking ones. WAY better than a cotton t-shirt.

for 9 bucks this could be worth a try (why do they only want v-neck btw). Gotta be others on a google search.

v-neck wicking tshirt

J-
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Canvas brand blend in black when I have to.  Normally wear the blauer armorskin polo.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
UA makes a V-neck
https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-ua-heatgear-tactical-vneck/pid1216030

Are they not low enough? I’m curious why they want you in a v neck rather than a crew, seems backwards to me.

Anyway stay away from cotton if you’re in the desert.  Any moisture wicking shirt should work.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Your department like seeing chest hair????  I wear cheap Wally World navy t-shirts.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Weird. In my opinion, having no undershirt or the look of having no undershirt looks unprofessional.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Duluth Trading, you can thank me later
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Costco sells awesome undershirts from 32 Degrees Cool brand.  $10 for two.  I think they are a copy of Tommy John brand.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Costco sells awesome undershirts from 32 Degrees Cool brand.  $10 for two.  I think they are a copy of Tommy John brand.
View Quote
I've tried every other brand/style/type and these are my favorite. they don't seem to retain moisture/sweat as bad. And they are the cheapest.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I've worn the cheaper 5.11 undershirts (I think they are called Utili-T) for several years now and they have been comfortable and durable. They were about $30 for 3 but worth it.

Edit: not V neck, missed that
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Nike Dri Fit V-neck shirts, nike Dri Fit slider or compression shorts, and nike dri fit socks. Yes I sweat, but I dry much quicker wearing this than cotton products.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top