Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2018 7:52:12 PM EDT
Anyone here run one of these two bags? I am looking for something not to large to carry extra batteries, mags, small med kit etc and have been looking at these two. Anyone here run them or have other suggestions? I plan to use this as something to keep in my front seat and to be able to grab and go if needed.

LA Police Gear bag

5.11 Tactical Bail out bag
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
i have a couple LAPG ones. i used them mainly as emergency auto bags. quart of oil in each end pocket, tire gauge, flashlight, etc. in side pockets. main compartment is large enough for larger slime brand 12v compressor and a tire plug kit.  it's a good size for light grab and go. I have the large version and it is actually too large, so i use it as large range bag.
the bungie cords on the ends will go bad after 4-5 years. (at least mine did)
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a probation officer and dress in a suit and tie everyday.

I use mine as my go bag in my truck.  Extra mags, Blowout kit, extra cuffs, drug tests, pens, knives, flashlight batteries and gloves.  I throw it around everywhere and really abuse it and its like new.

I have had three of them  (LAPG) and they are all great.  Ex took two with her and I am down to one.

I actually am thinking about buying a few more.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
We gave the kids a little surprise out at the range a few years ago and ran a pretty simple carbine stress course.  Only rule was that you danced with who brung ya - meaning, you ran the course with the gear you could grab from your driver's seat.  Those that had a chest rig or bandolier did pretty good.  The "mag in the door pocket" guys got hosed when we had a malfunction stage.  The bail out bag guys could make it work but I think found it hard to access mags and stuff from their bags since they were swinging all over the place.

Anyways, that was patrol guys and I know not everyone has the same job description or can load out their car the same way.

Back on topic, the small LAPG bag made a pretty incredible diaper bag, then turned into a range bag.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the la police gear bag, it’s been an indispensable piece of kit for me. I’ve had it for several years and has definitely stood the test of time. I use it for a range bag but whatever purpose you have in mind I’m sure it will do well for you. Cheers
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 3 of the LAPG xlarge bags.  Each bag does something different.  As with any of these bags, there's lots of pouches for you to figure out what to  put in them.  Stitching seems fairly robust; mine get kicked around a lot both on concrete and in the back of my Dept. SUV.  When they are on sale, they are a bargain.  I quit being a fanboy of 5.11 a while ago.

Last Christmas I gave my guys the small version with a laser engraved tumbler.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple of the smaller LAPG bags and they work great for small gear bags.  I would buy one of the LAPG before spending twice as much for one with 511 sewn on the side.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both. Not too fond of the 5.11 bag, it's ok just not that great. I like the LAPG bag, lots of organization and has held up well. I also have what I think is the original version of that bag sold by County Comm. I think it's the original because I noticed them on line before LAPG started selling theirs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Go with the LAPG, if you haven't already gotten something.  I have a couple of these, use as range bag, & basically trunk bag when needed.

They have held up well even with a decent amount of weight.

Catch them on sale & you can't beat it.  I haven't' used the 5-11, but for the price difference, I can't see the benefit of it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I've gotten  about 4 years of use out of my LAPG. Still holding up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top