Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2018 7:46:07 PM EDT
So looking for new sights for my old SIG 226 the sights are ok on it but so 1990's so since I'm going to be carrying it until I pick between the P320 and P227 might as well get better sights.

This is going to be for a duty weapon that will have a flashlight on it. So like to hear what you all think.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Better check with your FTO first...
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This
My supervisor, armor and firearms instructor are the guys advising me to change them out. Don't get to meet my FTO until May at the soonest and they are not even at my home department.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My supervisor, armor and firearms instructor are the guys advising me to change them out. Don't get to meet my FTO until May at the soonest and they are not even at my home department.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This
Why aren't either your supervisor, park armorer or FI getting you new sights?  I guess maybe I don't understand, but it sounds like your entire COC is expecting you to buy your own gun gear?  If so those chumps need to pony up.  I've bought a ton of my own equipment but come on.

No real offense to you man but aren't you still holding a Type 2 commission and not yet out of FLETC?  Anyway, have patience, FLETC is swapping out all the old guns w newer ones.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why aren't either your supervisor, park armorer or FI getting you new sights?  I guess maybe I don't understand, but it sounds like your entire COC is expecting you to buy your own gun gear?  If so those chumps need to pony up.  I've bought a ton of my own equipment but come on.

No real offense to you man but aren't you still holding a Type 2 commission and not yet out of FLETC?  Anyway, have patience, FLETC is swapping out all the old guns w newer ones.
View Quote
I have been out of FLETC since 2011! I have worked for the BIA for 5 years that is where I received my land management training from. I'm as they say a different case then anyone else send me an IM and I'll tell you all about it!

The wepon I have is personal so yes I'm buying my own sights not going to make the department buy sights for my personal pistol that I'm using for duty use until my P320 comes in also personal!

So that is why I'm asking about sights! This weapon is going to go through FTO with me then when I get back I'm switching over to the P320! Want the sight for personal use after that or just might sell it off since I'll have no use for a P226c German made stainless steel pistol.

If this was FLETC pistol I would not buy shit for it unless I had found sights that allowed me to shoot a lot better the the ones on it! Also like you I buy a lot of my own gear and disappointed in gear I'm issued!

I did not do the Personal AR wish I did I was give a M4 had three shot burst that is useless a trigger that is so heavy and $hitty the rear flip up sight sucks and is bent and trying to get it BZO has been the pits! Also the weapon was abused and had not been cleaned in sometime I know we Marines are anal about clean rifles but when you have to take your bolt out by dropping Sweets 7.62 down it first to loosen the gunk that's pretty bad!

I have looked into buying a drop in two stage trigger for the rifle and making them buy better rear flip up sights since I have to qualify iron sights then optics.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure you understood palatial's question. I know I didn't understand your answer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not sure you understood palatial's question. I know I didn't understand your answer.
View Quote
Sure he asked why they are not buying me my sights! I told palatial it's because it's a personal weapon! Simple enough?
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
lmaooo

Hopefully the FTO is not some snot nosed kid with only a few years on the job......

J-
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sure he asked why they are not buying me my sights! I told palatial it's because it's a personal weapon! Simple enough?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a much more clear way of stating it. And used less words. Good job.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get some trijicon night sights.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why a personally carried gun at your federal agency?

J-
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why a personally carried gun at your federal agency?

J-
View Quote
I do not want some beaten up weapon that has been abused and never cleaned like the rifle I was issued. Also the caliber and type weapon I wanted they did not have any to issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top