Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2016 7:13:43 PM EDT
As the title says I'll be starting my academy next month and I'm looking for any tips or advice you have to offer to make my life easier. Also, I have some tattoos on my arms that will need to be covered, so if anyone has a recommendation for a flesh-colored arm sleeve I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking for any tips or advice you have to offer to make my life easier
View Quote

Go be a Firefighter or Fed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go be a Firefighter or Fed.
View Quote

Too late for that. It is a state department, not sure if that'll make a difference though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too late for that. It is a state department, not sure if that'll make a difference though.
View Quote

Never too late.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say shoot for class leader. I think it makes it a little more interesting and gives you a talking point to stand out a bit during interviews and what not. Of course it helps a lot if you're prior service, since you will be expected to help teach people formations/movements, form people up for PT, stretches/warm-ups, etc.

Other than that, my advice would be the same for anything else of a similar nature. Pay attention, take notes, don't drag ass, be respectful, and keep your nose clean. Oh, and don't stay up drinking so late that when you come to class the next morning you're so visibly intoxicated that you get dropped from the academy (and investigated for potential DUI having driven yourself there)... not that that happens.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:37:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations, study the shit out of CRS and always do your best. Don't let your self get dragged down by the class slackers.

I graduate next week as my classes valedictorian.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, everyone. Definitely going to be striving to be the top cadet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top