Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2016 2:05:03 PM EDT
I retired from DPD in 2012.  I'll be 60 next summer, in good health.  Last summer I took online classes, paid $200 and my Masters TCOLE/TCLEOSE is now current.  Looking for something part time in security/LE. Any suggestions?  Wife too young to retire , getting bored.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd find something better to do with my time but hey, it's your life. See if any of the college PDs have any PT spots. Show up, smile, check some doors and go read a book.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd find something better to do with my time but hey, it's your life. See if any of the college PDs have any PT spots. Show up, smile, check some doors and go read a book.
View Quote

this. IF i work anything in LE when I retire it will be a foot patroling, door jiggler at the local college.

J-
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I work part time at G4S as a Bank Protection Officer.
Great company, great pay, and all my co-workers are retired officers as well.

I'm sure they have an office near you.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who are they?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who are they?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are they?

The second largest employer in the world after Walmart.
I do Bank Protection, but they do everything involving Security worldwide.

I don't know how close this is to you, but the pay is 47,000 plus.      http://usajobs.g4s.com/jobs/Security-Director-Cypress-TX_78642/
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
My buddy retired recently and got a bailiff job in local court.  He works about as much as he wants to.  Sometimes more.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My buddy retired recently and got a bailiff job in local court.  He works about as much as he wants to.  Sometimes more.  
View Quote

My old partner does that in Maryland. He's says it's easy money on top of his pension.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I retired from federal LE in 2009, and started working as a part-time OPM-FIS investigator six month later.  I still do it, as I work as much or as little as I want.  Work from home, no direct supervisor, and set my own hours and work day.   Great retirement gig IMO.

Contract Special Investigator USOPM BI
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
My department is looking for reserves...doesn't pay but you can work as much as you want for free haha.

If you're interested shoot me a PM. (North Dallas suburbs)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top