Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2003 12:17:57 AM EDT
Read the story titled Death takes a Holiday in the June 2003 issue. The tone of the entire article seems to be gun control. Pro-gun control.

Writing a letter to the editor now....
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the media just assumes that cops support more and stricter gun control.  After all, bad guys use guns.  Unfortunately, they are the ones that get national attention.  The falacy is that they are writing about us, for us, without the benefit of actually having our input.  People just assume that since they are writing about cops, they must also be writing on our behalf.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I first discovered POLICE magazine in the early 80's.

Very little information,  a whole lot of propaganda, and Anti-gun even then.  

I have a sneaky suspicion they are tied to the various Police unions and the AFL-CIO.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Get rid of Police Magazine and get The PoliceMarksman magazine. Great information most of the time.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:46:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I first discovered POLICE magazine in the early 80's.

Very little information,  a whole lot of propaganda, and Anti-gun even then.  

I have a sneaky suspicion they are tied to the various Police unions and the AFL-CIO.
View Quote

Yea why is it that police unions tend to be so anti-gun???  I notice that here in Ohio.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#6]
because unions *in general* (just an observation) support and are supported by democrats.  Thus, the back scratching continues.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top