Posted: 5/27/2003 8:47:50 AM EDT
[b]Officer John William Grubensky
Oakland Police Department, CA
End of Watch: Sunday, October 20, 1991

Biographical Info

Incident Details
  Cause of Death: Fire
  Date of Incident: Sunday, October 20, 1991

Officer Grubensky was killed as he tried to evacuate a family from their home during a deadly firestorm. When his body was found, he was laying on top of a child's body he was trying to rescue.

Officer Grubensky is survived by his wife, two sons, daughter, mother, and father.[/b]

[url]http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=266[/url]

DUTY. SACRIFICE. HONOR.

Sir, you died in a moment of heroism few of us could match. You earned your spot in Heaven.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it belongs in the GD. Cops already know what sacrifices our brothers have made. Are we going to move every thread about memebers of the Armed Forces who have died in action to the Heros forum? This kind of stuff has to be buried because it's controversial? You don't want to piss off the badge envy crowd?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is no effort to appease/accomodate the "cop bashers."  GoatBoy asked for threads to be moved to their appropriate forum several weeks ago.  This is done routinely, but is not noticeable as threads just "disappear" and the thread's originator is usually notified via IM to draw attention/explain.  I would make a clear distinction between this thread--[b]DOD 1991[/b]--and a "War Hero" killed yesterday.  The BOS forum exists for a reason.  Thanks for understanding.  [:)]
View Quote

Please check your IM. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to minimize this tradgety, but what are the names of the service men that died this past week i iraq? it goes with the territory!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
From a non LEO I would like to thank all of you that put your lives on thr line evry day.

May God bless his family and May he rest in Peace.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
May God rest his soul.....

R.I.P.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top