Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2003 3:05:05 PM EDT
I just returned from a trip last week for Police Week in Washington D.C.  I went to honor a friend and academy classmate who was killed in the line of duty last year.  I had never been before and was overwhelmed.  The amount of ceremonies and respect for the fallen officers was amazing and inspiring.  I would encourage every LEO to go at least once in their career.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to go. I've been to many. Then came the time when a bunch of guys went stupid and fired some shots inside a hotel in Crystal City. They caused a lot of other damage as well. They made a beer slide in the lobby between the escalators. Stuff like that. I knew things were going to get ugly that night when at the party in Judiciary Square guys started stripping down and taking photos hanging off of the Statue of Abe Lincoln. Things got really out of hand that year and it made national headlines. One agency in particular was made to look very bad. The truth of the matter was that the offenders were from many agencies. No one was over represented. Very embarrassing. After that they toned things down considerably and moved the party in doors. Well, it was all that plus the fact that Clinton was in office the following year. That was my last trip.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:02:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, that would be a good time, to say the least. I plan on making it at least once, when my boy is old enough to understand.

Not to suggest that the Memorial Week should be thought of as a big party (it shouldnt) but what a great time and place to let loose and have fun with some good people.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top