Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 9:48:08 PM EDT
godamnit!! 3 weeks to go, and we have driving courses this week so roll call was at "1200" (we go to 2300hrs. normally roll call is at 0630 or 0730). anyway my screwed up head was thinking it was 1230. i arrive at the academy at 1205 and see my platoon doing pushups & all in formation.

i about flat-lined!

so i report to the director's office explaining to him that i swear i sincerely thought roll call was at 1230. i don't think he believed me. it sucks too, because i was actually taking my sweet time getting there (got gas, bought gatorade & basically dicked around thinking i had plenty of extra time).

gents, i think i'm screwed!

one demerit on the way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
In a situation like that...it is best not to give "excuses"...just take your licks and go on the best you can.  It happens.  Humans are subject to error.  I was late one time when a classmate I was carpooling with forgot his cover (hat) and we had to go back for it.  It had snowed the night before and the roads were snowpacked.  We were about ten minutes late.  Even though is wasn't really my fault, I was still acountable for being late.
When you said you thought roll call was at 1230 hrs I was remined of an old saying an uncle used to tell me when I would say "But, I thought......"
His reply was "you know what the little boy thought?....Thought he was going to fart and shit his pants."
Best of luck to you and don't let it get you down.  Put it behind you, graduate, and get through FTO program.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:41:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top