Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 6:15:39 PM EDT
I just finished an oral review with a local PD. They asked me about myself, why I wanted to be a cop, etc. And gave me a few scenario questions. After it was over, they didnt tell me anything. Should I expect a letter in the mail or something like that, or would they have told me at the interview if they would hire me? Everybody I talk to (friends in law enforcement) think I did really well when I describe the interview to them. I was also the only person there for interviews, because they told me I was the only recruit out of the bunch who passed the written test. I'm hoping that is a plus. I did notice they where taking alot of notes when I was giving answers to thier scenarios, some of the guys where also nodding thier heads in agreement to my answers. Is this a good sign? Or what? I've just been playing over the interview in my head for the past day (it was yesterday), analyizing everything. What are the chances they will take me, and what other process will I have to go through? I've already done the written, physical, and interview. Any words of wisdom, or experience from those who have been will be greatly appreciated. I only wish I could have sought advice BEFORE my interview, but hopefully I get the job.

Rob
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I received a letter in the mail.  They kept me in the dark the whole time I was there.  Bad part is Ive pasted the oral, PT, written, and then they ran out of $$.  I guess Oakland PD will be busy as hell this summer without the extra help.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I waited a good 3-4 weeks, then I got a letter that said, "Hey Dumbass, you are qualified but we dont want you."  Something along those lines anyway.

Kind of a let down.  Yours sounds like it went good though.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
My interview lasted about 20 minutes. A friend of mine who went through the process tells me that its also a good sign, because she knows lots of guys who went for thier oral review and where out of there in 5 minutes or less and didn't get hired. She told me that usually after the first scenario question, if they are not satisfied with your response, they conclude the interview instead of going through them all. There where 3 interviewers and each one of them gave me a scenario. I'm just hoping I get a good letter soon. I'll post when I do.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, got the bad news in the mail today.

This is my first time, it wont be the last. It was a learning experience.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, got the bad news in the mail today.

This is my first time, it wont be the last. It was a learning experience.
View Quote

That's too bad about the turndown but I guess we will all go through this at one time.

Good luck and you've got an I.M.

TheErnFormerlyKnownAsBig
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top