Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 10:57:15 AM EDT
I am a relatively new University cop.  Only two people in our department have been through active shooter courses, from two different agencies.  Both of us were trained before we came here.

My Lt. has requested that I start a positon paper/proposal in order to get AR-15s on the street and get all personnel trainied in Active Shooter Response.

We will most likely be creating the courses ourselves, as money issues prevented my going to the NTOA instructor course last month.

I need the following:

Any packages you all put together to sell your departments on Patrol Rifles, particularly privately owned ones.

Patrol Rifle Policies/Procedures/SOPs.

Patrol Rifle Course outlines.

Active shooter Policies/Procedures/SOPs.

Active shooter Course outlines.

Any sourses for statistics that can help me in putting together a presentation on why this stuff is necessary.  The Adminstration and Reagents are not pro LE, and a commonsense appeal for the safety of the campus will probably get the farthest.

To confirm my bonafides,email [email protected] or [email protected].
I will give you the information you need to get my departement contact info from open sources on your own.

Thanks in advance.

pat
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Email sent
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
last week we had a shooting at one of our local colleges... email me and I will send you some info...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I to am a ULEO, let me know if you get anything good i would like love to see it . My department had a STRONG stance on AR15's and that is NO ! , we cant even have our shotguns mouted in the car , for fear a student might see them and be offended!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top