Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 7:24:20 PM EDT
I need to find a Safariland 070 SSIII Holster in the nylon finish, for a GREAT price!

The lowest price I have found is $115. Anyone know who sells these holsters for the cheapest/lowest price?

THANKS!

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
$115 is a great deal.  I kind of doubt you will beat that by much, if at all.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
LE Supply in Miami, FL has the SSIIIs for $90.00.  The number is 1-800-637-6307.  We always use Linda McNiel (ext. 101).  SHipping is usually around $6.00.
Hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
SGT830;
Thanks alot. That is an awesome price!

I found www.cactustactical.com and they sell the 070 SSIII holsters for $101 plus $2 more for the Nylon/nylon version. Anyone every order from Cactus Tactical before?

I will give the LE Supply place a call tomorrow, thanks again SGT!........BTW, did you receive my check ok?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you required to carry this particular holster ? The reason I ask is because I used to carry one until it failed miserably. The retaining lug that requires the gun to be rocked back wears out in short order, eliminating one of the retention features. To make a long story short, I was on an alarm call when I found myself looking down the barrel of a 9mm pistol. He tried to take my gun and I grabbed his and twisted it out of his grip. I shoved his into his gut and pulled the trigger but it didn't fire. As soon as he got his hand on mine, he had it out of the holster. Now I was looking down the barrel of my own gun. I knew mine worked. I cocked his and tried to fire again, but it didn't work, By the time I tapped and racked that POS, he made it through the door and was gone. There are alot of things that came into play that day and I probably ran it through my head a million times. But, I still believe if that holster would have held my gun for just a second or two longer, I could have ditched his and fought. that gun came out like nothing, from the front, and I didn't even feel a jerk on my belt. We tested it afterward, and that lug was bad. Then we tested everybody else's at the substation, and ALOT of them failed. The shank also breaks down, and will flex enough to cause problems. I know you can't rely on any holster 100% to keep your gun, but I had to get his away from him, requiring both hands, and I just needed it to work for a second or two. Since that day, I have carried the Safariland Raptor, and I feel alot more confident with it. It feels lighter, more comfortable, and much more secure.It's also cheaper. In a retention scenario, once the snaps are broken on the 070, they're out of the picture. Not so with the Raptor. Handgun retention training at the academy has seen alot fewer guns being taken since this holster was authorized by our department. I can also draw and shoot faster with this holster than my old one, which is another plus. I'm not trying to bash your holster choice with this post, I just wanted to give you something else to cosider. Just a no BS opinion from a first-hand experience. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my 070 wasn't very old, and appeared to be in good shape, inside and out. I think the 070 used to be the best holster out there, but there are better ones now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, this is the ONLY holster authorized to be used on my PD as written in our SOP Manual.

Thanks for the info though, I will pass it along to the brass and our firearms instructor. I wish I could find more info on the web about this holster failing so we can make some holster changes, because I have heard a lot of great things about the Raptor also.

Thanks again!!!! Be safe..........
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck ! Getting any SOP's changed on our dept is like pulling teeth. But, you have to start somewhere. After my incident, I stirred up some trouble over it with the range staff. Then I spoke with our association president about it. They ended up having a Command Staff meeting, with Deputy Chiefs, Range Instuctors, Safariland reps, and the works. Of course, they concluded that the holsters are safe, at least when new. It's not like they're going to admit that they have faults, and are still required by the Dept. We are only allowed to carry the 070 and Raptor. I was pushing to only allow the Raptor, but that would never work  because the city would have to buy them, since they would be the ones issuing the order, and they aren't about to spend money of something piddly like officer safety. However, I stirred up a little controversy and I was happy. Alot of officers went out and bought the Raptor afterwards, so I feel like something good came out of it. Sad thing is, a short time later four of our officers were shot with an officers gun after an asshole ripped his 070 off of his belt and got his gun. (Forgot to mention that the rivets can pull through the shank). I wasn't at the scene, but I heard this from people who were. If any of the range staff seems interested, email me and I would be happy to talk with them.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Any Leo who needs Safariland stuff...let me know...I can help ya out.

[email protected]

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
What kind of price do you have on the safariland tactical holster. (The one thats secured at thigh level) for a left handed person?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#10]
What weapon do you carry there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top