Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2015 7:21:30 PM EDT
As the title says,  after 18 years on the job, I truly feel that I have a front row seat for the decline of the Western World.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Front row,,,,,,   I didn't understand  when my grandfather would say the end is coming,    when my dad said the end was coming I laughed,   when I told my kid  to prepare for the end.  I didn't think I would be living to see it.,,,,,,
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]
2 more years you can retire and find a seat in the back.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
35 years dealing with the same POS people; it never changes.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Same attitude towards Law Enforcement in the 60s.   Shit ebbs and flows.  Crime will always be there.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear you brother. I am f.d. and can attest to the same.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same attitude towards Law Enforcement in the 60s.   Shit ebbs and flows.  Crime will always be there.  
View Quote

1970s

Today

Everything that has happened once will happen again. It is a pendulum; society wants a loosing of proactive law enforcement since everyone says LE is to aggressive and hard. LE backs down and crime goes up. LE becomes reactive and less aggressive. Society then wants safe streets agains and less crime. LE becomes aggressive again and proactive. Crime goes down but LE has a heavy hand.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Everything that has happened once will happen again. It is a pendulum; society wants a loosing of proactive law enforcement since everyone says LE is to aggressive and hard. LE backs down and crime goes up. LE becomes reactive and less aggressive. Society then wants safe streets agains and less crime. LE becomes aggressive again and proactive. Crime goes down but LE has a heavy hand.

[/div]      
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[/div]      

Truth
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The more things change the more they stay the same.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 3:56:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Short but worth the read

http://calibrepress.com/2015/06/slugs-vs-the-rest/

View Quote

Good read..& very true
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I've seen over the years.

People do not want a police force. They want a bunch of wand wavers that run around waving magic wands and make bad things go away painlessly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Back when I retired, I was not ready to, it hurt, I missed it. Today, my buddies coming up for retirement CANNOT WAIT to get out of there. Morale is bad and I am afraid it sometimes turns journeymen into slugs. I am glad I got out when I did.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

People do not want a police force. They want a bunch of wand wavers that run around waving magic wands and make bad things go away painlessly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.... they want Cops to be everything but Cops. Marriage counselors, psychologist, garbage men, AAA road side, EMS, etc.... but actually do police work.... LOL

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#16]
37 yrs three more to go, just don't want to get in any s#!t.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yup.... they want Cops to be everything but Cops. Marriage counselors, psychologist, garbage men, AAA road side, EMS, etc.... but actually do police work.... LOL  
View Quote

That's why I was considering opening 'Bubba's Alligator Farm' as a retirement gig.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 2:34:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
As the title says,  after 18 years on the job, I truly feel that I have a front row seat for the decline of the Western World.
View Quote

Justice for Trayvon!
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 2:56:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Short but worth the read

http://calibrepress.com/2015/06/slugs-vs-the-rest/

View Quote

I just had this conversation with a family member who is a newer LEO. He isn't a slug, and gets frustrated with those who are.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 3:03:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Vacation in Baltimore

[youtube]https://youtu.be/TepT0Ttwz7M[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/TepT0Ttwz7M
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm on day 4
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Mah Brutha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEfDYttu3Vk
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Back when I retired, I was not ready to, it hurt, I missed it. Today, my buddies coming up for retirement CANNOT WAIT to get out of there. Morale is bad and I am afraid it sometimes turns journeymen into slugs. I am glad I got out when I did.
View Quote

I can't even count the amount of texts I get saying "I wish I was retired too".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top