Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2002 7:29:46 PM EDT
As a LEO, If it were to become law that Assault rifles were banned, and people had to turn in their Assault rifles, would you risk your life to take them away from people unwilling to give them up? could you enforce such a law? or would the risk to your own life be to great. Could you as an American, enforce something you believe unconstitutional?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Just as assault rifles are "Evil" their owners are no less sinister to the sheeple.

Dont count on the local LE to risk their $150,000 home their 2 SUV's and 2.3 kids, for your god given rights.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Garand_Shooter:   I am talking the nation as a whole. I do not consider the republic of Kalifornia to be part of the United States. I feel for those who are truly held as prisoners by the Liberal government of Kalifornia. The state has become the breeding ground for Leftist propaganda and I feel it is too late to save the state. The people have become sheeple. If they truly cherished their freedoms they would try to oust the corrupt political pigs from office. The only problem is the liberal vote out numbers any other. If I lived there I would move out of the occupied territory into the free zone. Let Kalifornia die. I would never give up my guns, If you gave yours up you deserve to be among cowards. The people of Kalifornia have forgotten how to stand up for themselves. I live in Idaho and I thank God everday! Let me give you a quote from the Idaho Constitution

CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF IDAHO
ARTICLE I    DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

"RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. The people have the right to keep and bear arms, which right shall not be abridged. No law shall impose licensure,registration or special taxation on the ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms,except those actually used in the commission of a felony."

Thank God I live in a Free State.

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, thanks for starting this thread again.  Do a search, the topic has been beaten to death already.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
(yawn)
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Citizens are law abiding by definition. They are trained to be law abiding and to respect the law and those who enforce it.

The police no matter what jurisdiction encourage the citizens repect for the law and arrest those that don't.

All laws come with the presumption of constitutionality unless proven to the contrary in a court of law.

Although you will see people speed over the limit, maybe smoke a joint, or skim a little on their taxes, most people won't knowingly commit felonies even in the name of civil disobedience even in support of the Billof Rights.

It is unlikely that there would be any great public uprising over a ban on assault rifles, and its unrealistic to expect there to be. The majority of people don't own assault rifles and neither do the majority of gun owners.

Most cops are not gun people and many don't like guns or think the public should own them. Most will carry out their orders to enforce the law.

The proper way to challenge a bad law is in a court of law. The first step is to get an injuction to stop its enfocement during the pendency of the case then move forward.

But it is unlikely you will see the majority of citizens do anything more than keep their guns and keep quite about it. Most will comply to some extent. and most cops will do what they are told.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The great dicotomy of the second ammendment is that Democrats, the supporters of most of the bill of rights, especially the first, forth, fifth and sixth ammendments always go against the second and actively move to take away those rights. I guess they never learn. The same with the ACLU (I have to laugh anytime I hear them talking about how they protect our rights).

The republicans that continually move us toward a police state, and are usually supported by the police, are the ones mostly to side with gun owners (I guess they know where the votes are or at least a big block of them).
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Thie has been done to death. They have to come to my house first. And all my buddies from work. Since we will all be locked up, there won't be anyone left to round up the rest of the "evil" guns.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey, thanks for starting this thread again.  Do a search, the topic has been beaten to death already.
View Quote

Look. They done beat this horse so hard, it is alive again.....

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top