Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2013 4:33:16 PM EDT
I need some new dickies/mock turtlenecks for the long sleeves.  I want as short of a neck as possible.  I have a big head and they tend to stretch out.

Help steer me in the right direction please.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 1:35:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Zero help here but you've hit on one of my huge pet peeves. Why the blue fuck do I have to wear a turtleneck with a long sleeve shirt but I don't with a short sleeve? Pisses me off so bad I wear short sleeves year round, even here in SD.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:00:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zero help here but you've hit on one of my huge pet peeves. Why the blue fuck do I have to wear a turtleneck with a long sleeve shirt but I don't with a short sleeve? Pisses me off so bad I wear short sleeves year round, even here in SD.
View Quote

Whats the alternative for you? I LIKE wearing turtlenecks because the alternative used to be a TIE.
We HATED those stupid 1970s-era clip on ties.

Its also another layer of warm clothing
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The alternative for me is a plain undershirt, just like a short sleeve. My old department required a tie or turtleneck with long sleeves, but did not mandate when we had to wear long sleeves. Therefore, I wore short sleeves year round. My current one does not dictate our underwear, so its a long sleeve and an undershirt.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Whats the alternative for you? I LIKE wearing turtlenecks because the alternative used to be a TIE.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't like feeling choked all night, the dickie gets stretched out and looks silly after a while, I have a big head and a short neck so its generally not comfortable...
I could wear a tie, but thats even worse.  And we are required to be in long sleeves until May.

In the cold weather I'll wear underarmor under the uniform and vest.  I can only wear an all black dickie/turtle neck and it can't have any insignia on it.

So my options are dickie/turtle neck or a tie.. So I need a dickie that is short and wide so it doen't get stretched out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 12:37:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Long sleeves: turtleneck, mockneck, or tie.

Short sleeves: crew neck or v-neck.

I hate turtlenecks and ties so I wear short sleeves year round. If we could wear crew necks with long sleeves I'd get some of the Underarmour long sleeves.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:01:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I personally loved the UnderArmor mock turtleneck, but that damn UA logo they embroider with white thread always killed any chance of wearing it under the uniform.  I really wish they made a dedicated line of clothing, that didn't have their logo all over it, for those guys that wear it for uniformed stuff.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I personally loved the UnderArmor mock turtleneck, but that damn UA logo they embroider with white thread always killed any chance of wearing it under the uniform.  I really wish they made a dedicated line of clothing, that didn't have their logo all over it, for those guys that wear it for uniformed stuff.
View Quote

They DO make a line of "stealth" gear for LE, or at least they used to.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am often thankful I work for a pretty laid back PD. The UA logo would not phase our brass one bit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#9]
black sharpie does wonders for white logos on black bases..
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
black sharpie does wonders for white logos on black bases..
View Quote

I had to get some of that Rit Dye to get the logo subdued enough so that my previous mgmt wouldn't need a memo / drop paper.  
Wish I was joking.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Our issued turtlenecks are UA, and the only UA logo is on the chest and covered up by the uniform shirt
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#12]
This should work. I don't have one of these but I use a similar one duck hunting.

UA tactical

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top