Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2002 9:11:16 PM EDT
It is with great sadness that I have to make this post.

I've just found out that my good friend and FLETC classmate, U.S. Park Ranger Kris Eggle, was shot and killed today in Arizona along the Mexican border. I don't know many details about the incident right now, I've heard that he may have been investigating a suspicous vehicle reported by a Customs helicopter and may have killed by a rifle round.

Without a doubt, Kris was one of the finest people I've ever known. He was our class president and received the FLETC Director's award - an award selected by his classmates for the individual who represents the highest values in law enforcement.

Kris was the kind of guy you'd want your sister to marry. He was active in his church, led youth groups, and was a collegiate athlete, running track at Michigan State. (He almost broke the FLETC record for the 1.5 mile run - completing it in 7:13 - just shy of the record)

I don't know what else to say at this point, I will post funeral info when it becomes available should anyone want to attend the services.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
There havebeenalot of posts lately with things like this. My prayers go out to all LEO injured and their families. It is frm within my heart they find peace knowing they are cared for.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Funeral Info from NPS Morning Report:

02-370 - Organ Pipe Cactus NM (AZ) - Follow-up: Ranger Shot and Killed

Ranger Kris Eggle, 27, was fatally wounded along the United States border with Mexico within the park on Friday. Please see the edition of the Morning Report released earlier today for the original report. Memorial services for Kris have been set for 1 p.m. on Monday, August 12th, at the Baptist Church in Ajo, Arizona. Rangers and other NPS employees are encouraged to attend. The dress will be Class A summer uniform, with mourning bands on badges. Protection rangers should wear defensive equipment. For those outside of driving range, the best way to get to Ajo is to fly to Phoenix and book a hotel room there, then drive the two hours to Ajo. A separate family memorial service will be held in Michigan within the next several days. For more information, contact Intermountain Region regional chief ranger Randy King at 303-969-2641. [Rick Frost, IMRO]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the most current info I have available.  It is supposed to be based on eyewitness accounts, details the shooters prior criminal activities and includes a diagram of the scene.

[url]http://www.azstarnet.com/star/sun/20811GUNFIGHT2f2frjs.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top